My Love....My Hate (continued)
  • A new blog entry has been added:

[drupal=279]My Love....My Hate (continued)[/drupal]

So here it is.... Three weeks before Christmas of 07 and I'm looking back at how I got to today. I've had a bumpy road getting to the person I am but I don't think I would change a thing. If it wasn't for our past, we wouldn't be who we are, right? Here I was, almost a year later after I had left my ex (see other blog) and was taking my time with seeing other people. I would go out here and there and had a good time but would distance myself to a point that no commitments were made. I come into work one day and my sister-in-law had put a post-it on my desk with a phone number on it. I asked her what it was about and she told me that she had asked one of her friends if they knew anybody that was interested in a great, good looking guy (see profile picture for those of you that are curious). It turns out that her friend had a sister who might be interested. Almost a week had passed before I got the courage to call the number. Keep in mind, I hat the phone. I hate talking on it more than 10 minutes and I never leave messages on machines. I dialed, half expecting it to be a one sided conversation. After the ice was broken, the conversation went on for three hours. It was an instant connection. This girl was the TOTAL opposite of what my ex girlfriend was. We had everything in common which included the two top ones for me.....sex and video games. The next night, she called me and the same thing happened, another 3 hour conversation. It turned out that our pasts were very similar. This went on for a week and a half before I decided that I wanted to see her face to face. She was living in an apartment and I was still staying with my sister until I got my feet back on the ground from the breakup with the ex. It was dark and cold out as i walked up to her apartment door. I changed my mind twice before I told myself to stop being such a girl and knocked on her door. I only got one knock on the door when the door swung open. Scared the crap out of me because I was expecting her to take her time answering the door. There she was, biting her lip and asking me to come in. My heart was pounding out of my chest and my palms got all sweaty. I admitted to her that I was nervous and she was so relieved to hear that and let out a "Thank god!" I felt better knowing I wasn't the only one. We talked and talked and before we knew it, it was 4 in the morning. I couldn't believe it. Here I was, in a womans apartment and having an actual intelligent conversation with no sex involved or alcohol! HAHAHAHAA!! I couldn't have been more happy. I told her that I had better go and she gave me a hug and didn't let go for a good 20 seconds. I asked her if she was OK and she asked if she would see me again. I've seen her every day since then. I had written something a little bit into the relationship that she now has framed for all to see. I would like to share this with you. Its called..."Who is she, you ask?"
  • That's cute there Nec. Glad you've met the girl of your dreams. Me personally, I don't consider your poem to her an obsession. It's more like a treasure than an obsession.;) If you weren't so happy over her(which was your muse to write the poem anyway) you would not have ended up as happy as you are today, and even better is the fact that you married her so the two of you can always look back on that and it'll bring back happy memories.:)

I wrote a poem for my boyfriend as a way to tell him I liked him, we were in high school at the time. I'll post it on here sometime. Perhaps around March since by then we will have dated for four years.
  • The obsession thing.... At the time, it seemed like the appropriate term due to the girl being in my head every second of every day. I had bought the ring for this girl a month before she wanted to go visit her family down in Alabama. She had asked me to go down with her. I decided to propose (after permission from her father) ;) at night under the light of the street light in front of her grandfathers house with no audience. We all know what she said. lol

Congrats on the four years, Mel. I give you credit for not rushing. He better be good to you or else there will be a Jersey boy headed to Cali. HAHAHAHAH! ;)