bluetooth headset problems
  • I nned help i cant get bluetooth headset to work and i really want to abuse those annoying people on cod4 i could do with some advise?
  • There's enough annoying ones out there now, we don't need you adding to the mix. :angry: Be the mature one and just ignore the idiots (or cap them with headshots ;) ).

To get the headset to work you need to "pair" it with the PS3. Check the instructons that came with the headset on how to put them into a scanning/ pairing mode. Once that is done go into the PS3's Accessory Settings and into "register bluetooth device". Select headset for type of device and then go to start scanning. The PS3 will pick up the headset and you are done.
  • Mine pairs just fine...and the test works..then I put a game in and nothing....i hold downt the button like they say until it beeps and I still cant talk or hear with it.
  • You likely need to go into the Accessory Settings in th Settings menu. When there go to Audio Device Settings. Make sure your headset is selected as both the input and the output. You can give the mic another test and adjust things a bit here. Hit Ok when done.
  • can I use my N95 as a headset because my ps3 picks it up as a headset
  • Yep- just make sure you have it set as the default device in the Accessory Settings like I describe up above.
  • Lyn, I can only use it as input 'kos I can't change output
  • Yes you can change output, I've done it myself with my own headset. Push down on the d-pad until you have the output in audio device settings selected. If you paired the headset correctly you should be able to choose it in the output as well as the input. Once you have made your selection hit the circle button to back out.
  • I'm sure that you have misunderstood me..
    I said can I use my N95 as a headset because my ps3 picks it up as a headset (It's a phone.. no headset)
  • Well, you were not exactly that clear on just what this "N95" was- considering this is about headsets I figured that is what you had. That model isn't even available here so i had no way of knowing.

You likely will not be able to use that- get yourself an inexpensive bluetooth headset such as the Motorola M300 or even a Nokia headset- you'd be able to use it with your phone, too.
  • cool, thanx........
  • I have a Motorola blue toothe headset and when i set it too scan.. It does scan but thats all it does.. How long does it take for it to register the device?????
  • 2 MINS MAX MINS JUST TURN IT ON PRESS SCAN ON PS MENU AND SHOULD COME UP SOME HEADSETS HAVE A BUTTON TO HOLD DOWN WHILE SCANNING MINE WAS THE POWER BUTTON. i HAD AN ISSUE FOR A DAY THEN GOT IT SORTED. bEING MOTOROLLA MAY BE THE REESON AS MAY ONLY WORK WITH MOTOROLLA PRODUCTS BUT TRY THE NBUTTON HOLDING DOWN THING.
  • Make sure you have your headset in "pairing" mode before you scan on the PS3. The instructions that came with it should tell you how it is done with your model of headset.
  • for pairing u need to hold the power button of the headset for about 10 secs and it should be solid blue (or wotever colour it is), that means its in pair mode, then scan for devices and it should work.