update 2.10 - wont work
  • i have finaly managed to get my ps3 online, but then i have to get v2.10 system update
    it has got as far as 40%, but normaly only goes to around 25 and sometimes as low as 10% befor an "error" and it stops, anyone know how i can get this to work?

this is exactly what it says:
    "An error occurred during the download operation.
    A connection to the server cannot be established
    (80710723)"

i know nothing about any of what that says by the way
  • That error means the server had too many requests going and dropped you. Nothing you can do but try it again later on.
  • ok, i will just keep trying.
    sorry for being a noob lol
    thanks for reply
  • im having the exact same troubles and it keeps coming up with that message in the early 40's i have tried to download it from the ps3 5 times and from the computer 10 times so could anyone please give me help to download this update
  • Is this the first time you have had this happen, spicy? Seems odd there would be that much doing on the servers now.

There isn't much help i can give other than a direct link to the download. Maybe you need to check something in your connection settings.
  • yeah it is the first time its happened to me and i have done the ip settings and all of that and its still not working so if you could tell me what to do it would be great
  • For the moment give the link i gave up above a try to see if it will work for you there. It is possible the problem is in your internet provider, in which case there isn't much that can be done.
  • i tried the link and again it didnt work i dont know how it could be our internet provider when this is only the first time this has happened. is their anyway that youll be able to send the fully downloaded update to me like in an email or if their is another way to download it ?
  • The file is too big for e-mail
  • I can set up the file for download from an alternate site. I'll leave a link here when it is ready.
  • ok thanks for that hopefully it will work
  • I'll have the link in a couple of hours- these free file hosts always seem to take forever to upload to. Spicy, do you have any sort of instant messenger (yahoo, msn, aol)? It may be quicker to try a direct transfer.
  • yeah i have msn its [email]spicy93@msn.com[/email]
  • Give this link a try, spicy- it may take a while to download (the file is 119 MB ). If it doesn't work reply back and I'll message you on msn.

PS3 firmware 2.1 for North America
  • it got to 79% and stopped again which is really dissapointing
  • i did a connection test on my ps3 and this is what came up

obtain ip address Succeded
    internet connection succeded
    playstation@network -
    upnp -
    nat type -

now i dont know if this has anything to do with my problems or not but if you could help it would be greatly appreciated
  • That shouldn't affect your being able to download the update through your computer. The stoppage may have been due to the host i used there being not quite up to speed that time (took forever to upload, it seemed).

I tried contacting you on msn but got no answer- spicy, do you have a router in place to share the connection? You may need to adjust some settings on there if so.
  • i just plug the ethernet cable into modem then ps3 so only one thing is plugged in at a time
  • come on guys some more advice would be nice i dont have a router so only the computer or ps3 is plugged in not both at same time. should i call sony and ask them and if so whats an australian number for them thanks
  • dont worry problem resolved the system update is now installed
  • Good to hear you have it installed. Wish you had told me sooner you were in Australia, though, i would have grabbed that version instead. Ah well, no real differences between the different versions, anyway.

Spicy, the phone number for PlayStation tech support in Australia is 1300 365 911. They're open mon- fri from 8 am to 8 pm and saturday from 10 am to 6 pm Australian Eastern Time.
  • thank you for or your help it is greatly appreciated. i downloaded the update from the us playstation website anyway
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Is this the first time you have had this happen, spicy? Seems odd there would be that much doing on the servers now.

There isn't much help i can give other than a direct link to the download. Maybe you need to check something in your connection settings.

thanks so much i have been looing for that link