Having Trouble Playing online!!!
  • Hi there.

I am a total newbie on playing online, with my PS3

Can someone help me with a problem.

Can you play NHL 2008 (PS2 edition) online with a PS3 console.

I have tried to play, but every time it stutters at the the start.

I can play PS3 games no problem.

Is there a problem with the emulation software or is it my fault. Please help:(
  • yes, you can play online with it. First, however, you have to set up a connection save on your virtual memory card. When it asks you to choose a connection choose to make a new one and go with the same settings you are using for the PS3. The game will think it is on a PS2 and you'll be online.
  • Sorry

I Have no idea what you are talking about.:confused:

Please can you explain in detail

I did set up a virtual memory card.
  • Well, just as you had to do on an actual PlayStation 2, a file has to be made on the virtual card for an online connection. PS2 games look to the virtual card for everything- it doesn't even see the rest of the hard drive so it can't find the PS3's actual connection set up.

Next time you go into the game and go to the online portion, when it asks for a connection to use select 'make a new connection" (should be worded somewhat the same). This will take you to the program for setting up an online connection for PS2 games. make the numbers here the same as you have for the PlayStation 3 itself and you should be able to get your PS2 games online with the PS3.
  • Sorry never had a PS2.

Still unsure. Please give step by step instructions.

Thank you
  • Please explain this. Thank you

make the numbers here the same as you have for the PlayStation 3 itself and you should be able to get your PS2 games online with the PS3.
  • The set up for an online connection for the PlayStation 3 is very similar to what it was for the PS2. You just have to go through the process you did before with the PS3, only this time it will be on the PS2 game instead of in the Network Settings on the PS3.

Go into your PlayStation 3's network settings and write down the numbers you used for things like IP Address, Router IP, DNS Servers, etc. if you did use any. If you went all easy/ automatic before then you can skip this part.

Now, start up the PlayStation 2 game and go to the online play portion of the game. It should ask you what connection you want to use- because you have no connection setting on your virtual card the only choice you should see is to make a new connection. Select that and the disc will take you to the program for setting up a PS2 online connection file. You will go through the exact same questions here that you did to set up the PlayStation 3 for online- use the same things you did then here and save it. It will be on your virtual card for this and any other PS2 games that can go online to use.
  • I need some help!! When i play NHL 10 online the connectons allways dies in the end of the 3 period. It have never happen before until yesterday, now i happens all the time. I doesnt matter if im winning or losing, it just says "that i have lost the connection to my opponent". I have tried everything, shut down my computer ext. What can the problem be? I need help before i smash my PS3 :(