PSP online paly, constant disconnects
  • Just got a psp, came with FW 2.71, I was getting disconnected constantly while playing online on ATv Offroad Fury Blazin Trails. I updated to newest FW on Sony website but still the same problem. Anyone hear of this happening?? I'm trying to figure out if it's my psp, my router or is it the network?? i sent querry to Sony twice but they don't respond??

Anyone have any ideas??
  • It is probably a matter of opening certain ports on your router to allow the online gaming traffic through to the PSP.

The PSP should use the same ports as other Sony systems- go into your router's Port Forwarding on the computer and open the following ports:

• TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    • UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070

Once that is done have another try with the PSP. If that doesn't work you may have to set up a custom IP address for the PSP and try putting that in the router's DMZ, which will put it outside any firewall protection that may be going on.
  • Thanks so much for the response. I'm going to try it tonight.
  • I checked my router settings and it appears I have all available ports already open. I am going to try and update the firmware on the router and see if that helps, the router is 3 years old and I've never updated.

I guess if that doesn't work I may try a new one.

Thanks for your help