Two PS3s in one house?
  • I am trying to help some friends. They have two PS3s connected to one household comcast broadband cable connection. One PS3 is connected with a direct ethernet connection from a linksys router, and the second is connected via wifi on the same router. They can play COD4 online individually on either console with no problem, but if one PS3 is online and they try to connect the second, the first gets booted with a DNS or "Notice" error and vice versa. Does the playstation network and/or activision limit server connections to one per household (i know the router is dumping everything to one outbound ip address) or is there a fix?
    Haven't been able to find any answers to this googling, thx for any help.
  • Unfortunately i don't think there is a fix. It seems that even with the use of a router giving separate IPs Sony's network will only alow one PS3 online at a time per household. I've seen others trying to get this figured out with no success.
  • Doh, I was afraid that was the problem, thanks for the input.
  • Found a solution for this one: Contact your ISP and have a second IP address assigned to your house for a nominal additional fee ($7 a month in this case) and add a network switch to your home network. Your ISP can give you setup instructions. Then dual away online with two PS3s in one house.
  • cool nice one mate.
  • JGisdumb said:
    Found a solution for this one: Contact your ISP and have a second IP address assigned to your house for a nominal additional fee ($7 a month in this case) and add a network switch to your home network. Your ISP can give you setup instructions. Then dual away online with two PS3s in one house.

I disagree. I have 2 PS3s, 3 laptops, & 3 desktops all sharing the same router. All with different IP address's & all work just fine gaming & internet.