PSN problems with wired connection
  • I can't use a router, because I'm in college and they use the program cisco clean access agent. So I am using a 10/100M switch. I can rarely get my PS3 to connect to the network but not long. Most of the time it says that my connection timed out. I have even tried hooking it straight up to the modem which gets the same results. I went up to IT and gave them the MAC address so that I can bypass the clean access program. So it worked for a while but stopped working. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • You are probably still running into certain ports being closed by the Clean Access agent that are needed for the traffic from the PlayStation Network. You'll have to go to the IT guys and ask about these ports:

• TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    • UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070
  • Thanks man i will do that.
  • Well now i can get on but the lag is so bad its not worth even playing. Is there any way i can speed it up, or does my internet connection just suck that bad?
  • It could be your connection- you'll have to talk to your college IT guys about it. If they are using cable internet the bandwidth could be getting sucked dry by everyone else there being on at once.
  • Yea. Well thanks man! You've been a lot of help. I know where to turn if i ever have problems again.