• I've had my PS3 since launch. It isa 60gb model and has always worked really well. Recently, however, it started having some graphical glitches. Random polygons will stretch across the screen. For example, on Rock Band, sometimes your character's chin would have a flat polygon shoot out of it across the screen. It would stay like that the entire time you play too. At first I thought i was just some sort of read error that caused the polygon mapping to be misread so i bought a lens cleaner and used it but it didn't help at all. Anyone have any ideas? The system is out of warranty so I can't just send it in.
  • is just that game or others and what tv are you using ?
  • Every game has these issues and I'm running on a Sony Bravia LCD. The problems are not exclusive to this TV.
  • Some LCD televisions (older models in particular) have troubles keeping up with some images like the ones found in video games. I believe this is what you are running into here.
  • How is it that it worked without any problems for an entire year on this very same TV only to NOW start having this problem? I myself believe it is either an issue with the hardware or the firmware. Thats not to mention it's on HDMI and I have tried 2 other televisions with the same problem AND my PC gaming monitor as well.
  • is the disc damaged in any way ?
  • None of my discs are damaged in any way. As I said it happens with EVERY game on EVERY TV with EVERY type of connection.
  • Then you may want to phone Sony for ideas as I'm fresh out. They may be able to think of something. If they do say to send it in it'll be in the $140 to $150 range for the repairs/ replacement if that is what they suggest. To be honest, i don't see any sort of user-end fix here.