• Its a stupid I know but anytime i go online i can connect to a game but as soon as i try and have a game with someone it says that there is a connection error. I have a good broadband provider and all connection tests show that i am enabled.

Can anyone tell me why i cant game online though i am connecting to the home page of the games?
  • Stupid? No. Annoying- definitely.

You may want to go into your router settings (you are connecting through a router?) and go into the port forwarding section (usually in Advanced or Security). In here, make sure you have the necessary ports set up to be open. They are:

TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    • UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070

Once you have these all in and activated you should have no more problems.
  • I use a wireless broadband. I am useless on computers so keep that in mind. I couldn't find any TCP's or UCP ports on my internet security on the laptop or the PS3....
  • This would be found in your router settings, not on the PS3 itself or any internet security program you may have running on the computer.

If you can tell me the brand name and model number of the router you are using i should be able to find and direct you to the right settings area.