• Wow, almost missed the REAL ending. I was so bummed that a dark Yorda was left behind that I was stunned. Halfway through credits almost powered-off my Playstation. Thank God I didn't! Getting to her on the beach did it for me! Whew!
  • I'm guessing with the queen killed the magic that changed her eventually wore off. She may have drifted on a piece of wreckage from the castle. Just my 2 cents on it. I was caught a bit by surprise at first as well when landing on the beach. I've learned to have some patience with closing credits in case they slip in something like that. :)

Congrats on beating the game! :thumbsup:
  • [quote]Originally posted by rclang@Jan 18 2002, 04:52 PM
    [b]Wow, almost missed the REAL ending. I was so bummed that a dark Yorda was left behind that I was stunned. Halfway through credits almost powered-off my Playstation. Thank God I didn't! Getting to her on the beach did it for me! Whew!
  • [quote]What a phenomenal game!
  • Unfortunately we most likely won't be seeing any more of Ico and Yorda-the game sold a very disappointing 70,000 copies in the US. :( Whether it was just poor marketing or just being too different for people to decide if they would go for it,it's hard to say.Last I had heard the team that made Ico was working on a new game and were taking pics of the Grand Canyon for location research.Haven't seen a thing since on it-don't think there was even anything from them at E3 back in May.We'll just have to wait and see I guess.
  • It is sad that such an amazing game was overlooked by so many gamers. I didnt buy either (I would have but it showed up at Block Buster before my game store). Then within 7.5 hours of renting it I had passed it and much relieved that I hadnt bought it. regardless of how great a game is, $60 is steep for7-8 hours gameplay with no replay value to speak of. Now that there is not going to be a ICO 2 I think to myself, maybe I should have bought it to support an original game concept, but then again what for? So it could get played once or twice then collect dust on the game self? Maybe short linear story games should be cheaper so that people can justify buying instead of renting. just a thought.
  • That's a very good point EvilAaaron but sadly not one that the powers that be are likely to heed!

FMIW, I thought Ico was worth every penny - forget that that game was rather short, look at the work that has gone into it. As RClang so rightly said; "What a piece of art."

It's beautiful to play and to look at too. Stunning. I hope there are more games of this ilk to come.
    It's so refreshing to play something as gentle as Ico after all the mayhem and killing that makes up a large percentage of my game collections!

I heard that if you play the game over again, then instead of the mace as a secret weapon you get a lightsabre!!
    Cool!
    As soon as I get my copy back, I shall endeavour to find out!
    Watch this space!
  • A lightsabre?First time I heard that one.Might be a trick exclusive to the UK/European release-to my knowledge the mace was the only "easter egg" in the game.Could also be someone saw Star Wars one too many times! :lol: