online problem for gameshark
  • hey i need help i don't know how to set my gameshark settings so i can download game codes off broadband.
    game shark is broadband enabled
    please some one help me?
  • The GameShark 2 uses the broadband settings you normally use for the PS2's online play, which is saved on your memory card.

If you haven't yet set up a userrname/ password on the GameShark to access the database you should see a "new user" or "sign up" button marked somewhere on screen. Go there and sign yourself up to get started.
  • you mean go online and singup at gameshark.com
  • No- according to the FAQ about the GameShark you sign up from within the gameshark screen itself. Start up the PS2 with the shark in and you should see what to hit to sign up a new user.
  • this is what appears

GAMESHARK
    GAME CODES

start game
    auto cheat mode
    expert cheat mode
    memory manager & gamesaves
    online updates

under online updates this appears

ONLINE UPDATES

download cheats
    download saves
    gameshark updates
    network settings

and under network settings it looks like this

NETWORK SETTINGS

user account
    connection

and under user account is this

USER ACCOUNT

enter details
    * must enter these details

* password
    * Product key (mcode)
    first name
    last name
    house number
    street
    town
    city
    county/ state
    country
    zip
    phone number

and i have the first 3 filled in already i have
    [email]aturok87@aol.com[/email]

and it still dont work i need the settings for under the connection thing

is there a way to find out what thoes are from the memory card settings?
  • If you have a game set up to go online put that in and go to the online portion. You should see a selection to edit your connection settings- go in there and write down the numbers you used then go back into the GameShark settings and into "connection" to enter them in.

You probably should be able to tel it to go "automatic" and it will pick up from the PS2 card.
  • gameshark has no auto and all my games are set to auto so it doesn't show settings and when i switch to manual every thing is zeros itryed typing the zeros in gameshark same thing connection failed i am using a brand new broadband cord so that cant be it
  • I'm having a look at the manual for this version of GameShark (found it at the official site, you can get it yourself here).

Try enabling DHCP on the GameShark, leave the Proxy server as it is. Leave everything else up to the DNS servers. These numbers should match what is given by your internet provider- you should be able to find these by looking up the connection on your computer (click Start, Accessories, C: Prompt and type ipconfig /all when it comes up, look for "Primary DNS and "Secondary DNS"). Enter those numbers into the game Shark and see how it goes.

You may need to contact GameShark's tech support if all else fails.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    I'm having a look at the manual for this version of GameShark (found it at the official site, you can get it yourself here).

Try enabling DHCP on the GameShark, leave the Proxy server as it is. Leave everything else up to the DNS servers. These numbers should match what is given by your internet provider- you should be able to find these by looking up the connection on your computer (click Start, Accessories, C: Prompt and type ipconfig /all when it comes up, look for "Primary DNS and "Secondary DNS"). Enter those numbers into the game Shark and see how it goes.

You may need to contact GameShark's tech support if all else fails.

ok well i did this it showed me my IP, Net mask and gateway, but no DNS, can you help me with this?
  • You might have forgot to add the '/all' to the end of 'ipconfig', gamefreak. Anyway's no worries, the DNS server number is exactly the same as the default gateway number and/or the DHCP server number. Whichever one's there, take it from that...:)
  • Rob C STAFF said:
    You might have forgot to add the '/all' to the end of 'ipconfig', gamefreak. Anyway's no worries, the DNS server number is exactly the same as the default gateway number and/or the DHCP server number. Whichever one's there, take it from that...:)

thnx i got it figured out :)

ok, well, now how do i download saves and cheats from GS if its not on the list, like i have only gotten one game to update onto my GS, and i have a USB flash drive to download games into GS but it doesn't read...
  • um yea i tried the stuff you guys said to do but it keeps coming up to dhcp server not found well like this:

loading configuration... done
    connecting and login... failed-no connection
    registering user... skipped no network
    checking for updates... skipped no network
    downloading updates... skipped no network
    logout... skipped no network

plz help
  • but idk if mine is broadband or what but all i know is it came in a plastic case that had the cd and the card and it had wanna beat the game? and all these different pictures of what i am going to guess is cheats idk,but they were all in circles like the v5 but idk cuz i looked at the cd and it said 1.1. but yea if someone can help,that would be great. i have also turned the dhcp to disabled and typed in my stuff but it just came up to:

loading config. done
    connecting and login bad login
    registering user failed
    checking for updates skipped-no network
    downloading updates skipped-no network
    logout skipped-no network
    can someone help idk what 2 do
  • Ajd0789@aol.com said:
    but idk if mine is broadband or what but all i know is it came in a plastic case that had the cd and the card and it had wanna beat the game? and all these different pictures of what i am going to guess is cheats idk,but they were all in circles like the v5 but idk cuz i looked at the cd and it said 1.1. but yea if someone can help,that would be great. i have also turned the dhcp to disabled and typed in my stuff but it just came up to:

loading config. done
    connecting and login bad login
    registering user failed
    checking for updates skipped-no network
    downloading updates skipped-no network
    logout skipped-no network
    can someone help idk what 2 do

I'm having the same problem as you Ajd0789, I tried the dhcp enabled/disabled with all my connection info. I got a feeling gameshark might be done with codes and downloadable codes, because I check gameshark.com from time to time and they just keep coming out with new codes for older games. They probably figured everyone is hooked on their ps3/360/wii and don't really bother with ps2 anymore. But if I'm wrong about gameshark being done, don't trash me. I did everything I can to look it up to see if its so, but if someone knows the real deal about this I'm all ears.
  • The service would still be there (and likely will be for a year or two yet considering Sony's "10 year cycle" for the consoles).

You both may need to make some changes in your PS2's connection set up or even some adjustments in router settings if using this to share internet between your computer and the PS2.