Cya in 10 days
  • :(
    I'm in the middle of moving house and the internet was supposed to be activated yesterday, but there has been some problems.:frown:
    So the earliest they can activate my line will be on the 31st March, around 10days away!!:mad:

So i wont be around till about that time, sorry guys...Theres nothing i can do.
    Cya in 10 days, dont miss me too much...;)
  • speek to you soon mate
  • Good luck with the move, I hope everything goes well. We'll seeya when you get back!
  • Aww no, rob!!

Hopefully the internet problems get straightened out within that ten day period.

We'll still be here when you come back.:)
  • that sux mate - is it BT by any chance??

Hope the move goes well - and Happy New Home!!
  • i ahd issues with Bt then moved to post office its brilliant. Suppost to be 8mb but tests at 6.9 not bad though. Customer services is excellant i would strongly recomend them.
  • Hey guys..
    The move went Ok it was very tiring but we got it done. As for the internet problems it took around 15 days.:rolleyes:
    And this is interesting because yes it was BT and they were absolutely s**t. Sorry for the language. They must have the worst customer service department ever, it took me 5 hours of being put on hold and passed to the same department again and again to get through to someone who could actually help. Very annoying! Anyway the internets fast as its 8mb and i've had no problems so far thank god....:)
    Thanks for the kind words....:D
  • it took me and me mom 2 years to get rid of BT no joke its really hard to disconnect from them then we joined the post office and never looked back since theyre brilliant.
  • Feel your pain with BT - We moved in June and were supposed to have our line activated in July. It was september before the libe worked and that was only on the off chance. You can never get through to the call centre and when you do they just put you on hold, I think in the 3 months of waiting i spoke to one actual person

It was only after an email to the complaints dept threatening them with legal action for breach of contract and suprise suprise my line was on the day after

It sux because you dont really have any option if you dont want cable broadband. you still have to get a BT line
  • Jane N STAFF said:
    Feel your pain with BT - We moved in June and were supposed to have our line activated in July. It was september before the libe worked and that was only on the off chance. You can never get through to the call centre and when you do they just put you on hold, I think in the 3 months of waiting i spoke to one actual person

It was only after an email to the complaints dept threatening them with legal action for breach of contract and suprise suprise my line was on the day after

It sux because you dont really have any option if you dont want cable broadband. you still have to get a BT line

:redface: I know yeah. Lots of people have had this problem and i think i saw an episode of watchdog a few months back complaining about the BT service!

And yeah thats what stopped me from switching straightaway, because they said you'll still have to get a BT line and wait another few weeks for the other company to get everything activated....:mad:
  • post office did our double time im telling thee great service cheap prices and fast speed connection promised 8mb many line tests all give me same answer 6.9mb wich aint bad. plus they have funny adverts.
  • Yeah i'll be recommending Post Office to anyone who asks. They sound worth it!