Ratchet & Clank PS3 - Freefall Missle Attack
  • OK, I'm a new PS3 user and on my second day am stuck on Ratchet & Clank. I'm at the level where you start by freefalling and missles are coming up at you. Had no trouble getting to this level but cannot fugure out how to deflect the missles and not get blown away. I was able to deflect about 3 missles but that's it. Any help here would be appreciated until I get the feel of the PS3 and this particular game. Thanks.
  • Instead of trying to deflect them just do your best to avoid them altogether- you should be able to steer yourself down without taking any hits.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Instead of trying to deflect them just do your best to avoid them altogether- you should be able to steer yourself down without taking any hits.

Thanks. Guiding myself past the missles occurred to me but perhaps I should have noted in my earlier post that my controllers do not respond with direction in the freefall as they do during other parts of the game. I lose control of the controller and I thought this was all part of the game trying to get me to attempt a new maneauver of some type.

I have both wireless and hard wire controllers and neither of them will "steer" the freefall...the controller simply does nothing to Ratchet during the freefall and I cannot move him right, left, up or down. And without moving him he gets blow up each and every time. Am I missing something with a controller setting? Is it an issue with the game or PS3? The PS3 and game are both spanking brand new.
  • Those freefall segments of the game use the PS3 controller's SixAxis features- just tilt the controller in the direction you want. No need to use the sticks.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Those freefall segments of the game use the PS3 controller's SixAxis features- just tilt the controller in the direction you want. No need to use the sticks.

I purchased wireless controllers and I'll bet they do not have the tilt feature. I'll go back and try the tilt with the SONY controller and see if it corrects the problem.

That corrected my problem. I purchased two wireless controllers at BJ's and missed the SixAxis control aspect of them. Not having the function I had no control over Ratchet in freefall. When I tried a wired controller, I picked a generic one and that did not work either. Alas, the SONY controller did work and thanks for the tip. You must have thought I was off the wall with such an obvious problem in a rather easy part of the game?

Will my wireless controllers give me further problems with other games since they do not have the six axis control? Translated, would it be wise to return them?
  • HERE'S A SUMMARY OF THE CAUSE FOR THIS PROBLEM --> DREAMGEAR LAVA GLOW CONTROLLERS

I purchased flashy, new, DreamGear Lava Glow Controllers at BJ's for my new PS3. They do not have the required SixAxis Control and when I got to the free fall in Ratchet & Clank where the problem occurred I lost control of the game. The controllers are marketed and sold as PS3 compatible which they are not in this case. So, they're going back to BJ's. Be aware as the controllers are quite stunning in appearance and the price at BJ's was very attractive for two wireless controllers.

Thanks one and all for the help!
  • Things like this are why we usually suggest sticking to the Sony controllers- as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for". ;)