Beware of dreamGEAR Lava Glow Controllers
  • I'm new to PS3 and the first time I played Ratchet & Clank the game froze during a free fall. I had purchased and was using some neat wireless controllers by DreamGear. As stunningly attractive as the DreamGear Lava Glow Wireless Controllers are, they do not have SixAxis Control. They are marketed and sold as PS3 compatiable which they are not. The price at BJ's for two (Red & Blue) was the same as the price for only one SONY controller so I leaped for it. But since they do not work during sixaxis gaming, they are not fully functional despite their nifty appearance.
  • thats why you never buy unnoficial products mate, sorry to hear about that though theres still plenty of non six axis games you can still use them on.
  • sfjp@hotmail.co.uk said:
    thats why you never buy unnoficial products mate, sorry to hear about that though theres still plenty of non six axis games you can still use them on.


    You hit the nail on the head! I felt like a dunce when I posted on another site and got a response "Hey Dude, tip your controller!" I was tipping, standing on my head, cussing, but nothing happened. Oh well, its all part of the learning curve.
  • indeded but like i said most games have the option to turn six axis on or off so you can still use your funky controllers just not with six axis to be honest i dont rate it that much any way.
  • sfjp@hotmail.co.uk said:
    indeded but like i said most games have the option to turn six axis on or off so you can still use your funky controllers just not with six axis to be honest i dont rate it that much any way.


    Well, I really like these "funky" controllers! Are you saying that on the Ratchet & Clank game (or any game) I can elect to disarm the sixaxis aspect and still use these controllers with full control of the game? Again, I've only had this PS3 a few days and I'm not really familiar with it all just yet.
  • err never played ratchett and clanck but allot of games tyou cabn simply turn it off in the options of most games
  • In the case of Ratchet and Clank, you need to have the SixAxis control. Besides the freefall bits it is used in a couple of other areas. Quite a few games, however, are optional. So, keep those controllers if you want and just check the options of a game- if it has optional sixaxis, just shut it off and use the funky things. B)
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    In the case of Ratchet and Clank, you need to have the SixAxis control. Besides the freefall bits it is used in a couple of other areas. Quite a few games, however, are optional. So, keep those controllers if you want and just check the options of a game- if it has optional sixaxis, just shut it off and use the funky things. B)


    I also have Uncharted Drake's Fortune but like Ratchet could not find any game option for SixAxis Control to turn off. It appears there is no controller option and the dreamGEAR controllers can't be used. Is there any other way to make these controllers functional where SixAxis control is required?
  • Can't get them to do what they weren't made for- those DreamGEAR controllers are a basic controller more suited to PS2 games than the PS3. In the end you will be beter off sticking to the Sixaxis controller that came with the system (at least until the dualshock 3 becomes available in a few weeks).
  • i really hope they dont make that loud rattling sound ill end up snmashing it against a wall and i dont wanna be doin that.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Can't get them to do what they weren't made for- those DreamGEAR controllers are a basic controller more suited to PS2 games than the PS3. In the end you will be beter off sticking to the Sixaxis controller that came with the system (at least until the dualshock 3 becomes available in a few weeks).


    Thanks. They're going back today!!
  • sfjp@hotmail.co.uk said:
    i really hope they dont make that loud rattling sound ill end up snmashing it against a wall and i dont wanna be doin that.


    As the owner of two DualShock 3 controllers (courtesy of eBay) I can readily tell you the controllers do not have a "rattle". The vibration in them is even better than what was in the DualShock 2. It's a very smooth rumble (do some racing in Burnout: Paradise on the railroad tracks to get a real good example of it).
  • ive just checked em out they look pretty cool but damn do they look uncomfortable to use.