• My PS 3 has and error 80010514 how do I get rid of it ?? PLEASE HELP !!
  • I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you had best call Sony about that one- that error is a sign your PS3 is ready to kick the bucket. If you are still under warranty the exchange will be free of charge.
  • I've had the system for 2 years now, I don't think I have a warranty. Do you know what causes this error ?
  • Your warranty would definitely be up, meaning they will charge you for the exchange.

As for the cause, the search I did seems to indicate that means the blu-ray diode is dying.
  • Do you know what the charge would be ?
  • The going price in North America is $150 or so- sounds expensive, I know, but when comparing to buying a whole new console it is pretty reasonable. You'll have to contact their tech support to arrange for the shipping box.
  • Do you know if it will be a new system or will they repair mine ?
  • It most likely will be a refurbished system, meaning everything will be brought back up to how it was coming out of the factory. It won't be the exact same unit- same model but not the same machine.
  • I'm having trouble finding info about where to ship my ps 3 please help if you can !!
  • You will have to contact Sony's tech support to make all of the arrangements. Once things are taken care of (your name and address, payment options, details of the problem, details about the PS3, etc.) they will send you the box (already addressed with where the PS3 is going) to ship it off in. The number to call in North America is 1-800-345-7669.
  • Thank you very much for your help and being patience with me !!!