• i finaly beat solidus on hard but now i'm stuck against Olga on extreem, i have no rations, no bandages, bandana+stealth, and i'm getting wiped the moment she uses the light in my eyes, any way of knocking it out, it seems impossible to shoot it out
  • Its somewhat hard to knock out the light without getting hit, especially on extreme, but if your quick, its possible. Go as far left as you can on your side of the battlefield. Duck behind the box and when Olga shoots and turns back, stand up and take a random shot towards the light (if you were observing it before it was it this should be relatively easy).
  • Sorry Gummy, but the light cannot be shot out(confirmed by many sources). The tacket I have found most useful is to equip the bandana and use the confuse tactic. This is when she looks one way then hides, you run to the other side and shoot her. When she turns on the light, hide right behind the big metal locker thing. She should run right in front of the light. On the radar, you can see her view cone, and when it disappears, it means she is about to throw a grenade. After you hear "Take this!", use the lean button to duck out to the left and shoot her. I made it through hear without being shot using this tactic, hope this helps!
  • Hey Mr.Arm, I live in Ireland and MGS2 doesn't come out here until March 8, but I have the Playable demo and I just did shoot out the light. So there! :D
  • maybe cause da difficulty is on normal and not extreme or euro extreme. arm is right
  • Probably pointless replying now but this may help someone. When Olga starts pointing the light at you (& throws grenades) - stand behind the boxes on the right, avoid the grenade then immediately lie down , go into first person and shoot Olga through the gap between the bottom boxes. It worked for me !!
  • Well, I did this: stand behind the boxes, and wait untill she look the other way for a few seconds. Then jump to the other side (i.e. when your on the right, run to left side) then use the lean button (when your on the left, lean to the most left side, when on the right, lean right). If you did it right you can shoot her without any risk... just be sure she's still lookin at the other side of the boat. This worked for me, I hope it helps y'all... B)
  • Yosh that works for the first part of the fight with Olga, but when Olga has the light on you and starts throwing grenades (she knows where your are!) you will probably need employ a different method.
  • You need to stay behind the boxes on the left of the screen and when she first starts running for cover shoot out the light so it won't block your view. Every so often come out from behind the boxes to shoot a few bullets at her. When she throws the grenade sprint to the other right side boxes to guard you from boxes, and when she throws the next grenade, head back to the left.
  • I have to agree with Arm87 as far as i'm aware (and have tried) you cannot shoot out the light on Hard or above difficulties.
  • the trick here is to shoot the light BEFORE she tuns it on you. I have nearly beat the game on hard and this tactic worked for me B)