Problem connecting to network
    • I have a linksys router and can't connect to the network
    • I am connecting via wireless
    • I have entered the correct WEP key with no typo's many times
    • I have entered the I.P address, DNS 1, DNS 2 etc... Correctly through scans and manual
    • I have installed the system update through my Grand turismo disc
    • All my settings are Correct. However When I do A 'Test Connection' I Get:

[*]Obtain IP Address Succeeded
    [*]Internet Connection Failed

[*]An error occured during communication with the server. This is a DNS error. (80710102)

• I Have checked the DNS addresses over and over and they are correct

Please Help
  • Best guess would be to go into the router settings and open some ports in Port Triggering under the Games and Applications tab. The ports the PS3 needs are:

• TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    • UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070
  • How do i enter that in the port triggering bit??
  • Check your PS3's actual connection to the router (e.g. 1%-100%)...It might just be having trouble connecting to the internet because it cant connect to your router...:confused:
  • I may have mis-typed at first there, I meant Port Forwarding (which is in the same section. You should see a screen like this:

In the first blank type in the application name (PlayStation 3, PSN, PS3- whatever you like). Next, put the port numbers in the blanks. In the case of the single ports put the same number in both blanks. You'll then select the port type, the PS3's IP address and check the enable box to the right of each row you use. Once everything is in click the save settings button on the bottom.

Rob does have a point- what is your signal strength on the wireless connection? Maybe you just aren't getting enough to maintain a steady connection.