You cannot use PLAYSTATION NETWORK with this account.(8002A231)
  • WHEN I SIGNED IN TO MY ACCOUNT ON MY PS3 AND I WENT TO PLAY ONINE ON CALL OF DUTY 4, I GOT THIS ERROR:You cannot use PLAYSTATION NETWORK with this account.(8002A231).

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN AND WHY CANT I USE MY ACCOUNT, OR WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO FIX IT. PLEASE HELP
  • You will have to contact Activision and / or Sony about this one- that code usually signifies your account was suspended for some reason.
  • I think i can recall getting that message once when i signed in. When i went to sign in again though everything was fine? Have you tried more than once?
  • yes man it has happen 2 me the error (8002A231) so dont think ur the only 1.I can not go on psn anymore.the internet is fine i double chected it and still says YOU CANNOT USE PLAYSTATION NETWORK WITH THIS ACCOUNT. Can some 1 tell me if this will warn off or it is permenert suspended because im worried i will neva go on psn again
  • As I mentioned above, ozman, you would need to ask Sony about that one. If you were doing something to warrant a suspension (or they had a report you did) and suspended you it will need to be taken up witrh them.