• I have a PS2 slim. When i play games or CD:s, i have absolutely no problems. But when i tries to watch a DVD sometimes it won
  • Maybe its a problem with the disk, and your PS2 trying to read it and all. Have you tried more than one dvd?
  • robcoxy said:
    Maybe its a problem with the disk, and your PS2 trying to read it and all. Have you tried more than one dvd?

Yes. Some DVD-films are working fine, while others dont. And then a strange clicking scratching sound occures. Again games and CD:s are working fine! /Johan
  • I would hazard a guess at the DVDs making the scratching noise may be just a touch off center, whether possibly warped or just not quite fitting onto the spindle.

One other thought is the DVD lens may be starting to get a bit out of adjustment and making contact with the disc itself (would explain the clicking noise). You may first want to try cleaning the lens using a q-tip and a very small bit of rubbing alcohol (be careful with this as if you use too much alcohol it could completely mess the system up).
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    I would hazard a guess at the DVDs making the scratching noise may be just a touch off center, whether possibly warped or just not quite fitting onto the spindle.

One other thought is the DVD lens may be starting to get a bit out of adjustment and making contact with the disc itself (would explain the clicking noise). You may first want to try cleaning the lens using a q-tip and a very small bit of rubbing alcohol (be careful with this as if you use too much alcohol it could completely mess the system up).

OK but why does some discs work, i mean they are the same size!? arent they? All my games work without problems! /Johan
  • Some of the DVDs may be a touch deformed/ defective, as I mentioned at the top of that. Have a look at the bottom of those DVDs and you should see a spot where they are making contact.