PS2 Slim Will play DVD w/sound NO VIDEO!
  • Hello!

I have a PS2 Slim that plays all game fine.

But, when I want to play a movie it will not display a picture. There is sound, I can hear the movie, but not see it!

This is very strange. Never heard of this before.

Any ideas?
  • I would suggest checking your cables- maybe the video cord is not connected firmly/ is broken.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    I would suggest checking your cables- maybe the video cord is not connected firmly/ is broken.

The video cables work fine. It plays game OK, with video.

It is DVD's that cause this mysterious video problem.
  • Ok, quick question- are you hooked up through a VCR/ DVD player- recorder to the tv? If so then the problem would be the copy protection found on most commercial pre-recorded DVDs.
  • No, direct to TV through AV. It is a definitely a problem with the console. I am going to try a different laser.
  • I'm getting this same problem... more or less. The video will come up, but every few seconds it flickers and goes away. Games work fine, and I even exchanged my system for another one (bought used from GameSTOP).
    Does running it through a VCR really cause this problem?
  • Yes- hooking up through the VCR is triggering the DVD's copy protection. Hook up directly to the tv to get rid of the problem.
  • I know exactly what you need, if you haven't found a solution or probably moved on to the ps3 by now. You have the ps2 in progressive scan mode. When the dvd is playing with no video, press reset then hold the start button down until the video shows up. Alternatively you can also just press the start button repeatedly during the reset process.