Cant connect to COD4 error 33.
  • Hi.

Can you please help me with my connection problem to play COD4 online. When i go to play online it just say down loading setting and after 10 to 15 sec. the error 33 appears. My PS3 is about 20meters from the router running with Internet cable to the ADSL Modem with a 384kbps line link and can that be the problem must i increase it to 512kbps or to 4096kbps because from the router 2 PC s are link to it also. If i go to sing in all go well but cant enter games to play online. And i got a 60GB PS3
    Please Help

Thanks Shaun.:(
  • According to Activision's support knowledge base error 33 is due to packet (data) loss when downloading- in other words, some of the data is going astray while in transit to you.

They recommend making sure the following ports are open in your router in Port Forwarding: 3658, 3478, 3074, 3075 (UDP) and ports 80, 443, 5223 (TCP). One alternative, if you have a static IP address set up for the PS3, is to put that address into the router's DMZ. If all else fails, try a direct connection to the modem, bypassing the router altogether- it's possible the router itself may not be completely compatible for the PS3 and the game.
  • what if you are using a broadband connection and error 33 still occurs??? ( like me ) i played mgs4's online today fine but cod4 messed up
  • I have the same problem :( Just out of nowhere the (Error 33) pops up. And its that same one about the MATCHMAKING error. Anyways, I read at a post thatt ROB (from STAFF) wrote. If it didn't work, try ports that were in the 2 thousand range. I tried it, i'm not sure if I put them in correctly, as I put it under GAMING & APPLICATIONS --> PORT FORWARDING (there is also a PORT TRIGGERING) dont know the difference? I put them in somehow, clicked ENABLE...saved it. And now when I try to connect to my COD4 again it says that my PLAYSTATION is suspended....for the time being or something! Ummmmm what the?? :s So I put my settings back to how it was before and it still says that! But before that it was the Error 33 Matchmaking one. For the past...like....5 or 6 months it was working perfectly..no problems! I really think its the servers and not anything with my connection :(

ughhh help!!!
  • If you are not able to get on the network at all for ANY games....Do not forget that Sony is shutting down the network for maintenance for about 6 hours today.

Nec
  • Both are just about the same thing, Solid. Did you try the ports i listed a couple of posts up?
  • Solid_Snake said:
    I have the same problem :( Just out of nowhere the (Error 33) pops up. And its that same one about the MATCHMAKING error. Anyways, I read at a post thatt ROB (from STAFF) wrote. If it didn't work, try ports that were in the 2 thousand range. I tried it, i'm not sure if I put them in correctly, as I put it under GAMING & APPLICATIONS --> PORT FORWARDING (there is also a PORT TRIGGERING) dont know the difference? I put them in somehow, clicked ENABLE...saved it. And now when I try to connect to my COD4 again it says that my PLAYSTATION is suspended....for the time being or something! Ummmmm what the?? :s So I put my settings back to how it was before and it still says that! But before that it was the Error 33 Matchmaking one. For the past...like....5 or 6 months it was working perfectly..no problems! I really think its the servers and not anything with my connection :(

ughhh help!!!

Suspended? That's a strange one Solid, i must say...:confused: It would have had nothing to do with opening any ports of any kind.

Unless you know you have been breaking the rules online on CoD4, and could have been reported then there's pretty much no explanation. I did get suspended from Warhawk for some time, for no apparent reason, but a quick re-download and installation of the game sorted that out. Obviously that cannot be done with CoD4 however. I would say it's a fault on Infinity Ward's end, i would contact their customer service and see what can be done.