changing NAT type on a wired modem
  • But hopfuly someone can help me...I'm kinda lost when it comes to this kinda stuff, but hear it is...

I'm a hard core gamer,and my inter net is mostly for my PS3 and I hook directly into my modem,(Motorola MSTATEA Modem) via/cable...For the longest time my nat type has been type2, and there have been no issues...

But running threw my PS3 internet connection I dicided to run a test...Everything came back fine but the nat type was 3...I thought that when connecting directly to the modem that only nat 2 or 1 was available...Just gose to show how much I know...

So my question is, what causes this and how can I change it to nat 1 or 2...I've read other places that its caused by your ISP setting up a fire wall and that you have to turn it off...How is this done...?

Also can installing a fire wall like systems mechanic pro on you PC cause this...?Another thing I've noticed is that my UPnP is coming up not allowed, where before it was...Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but
  • Thanks for the help guys, great job...:) :frown: