• Hi,

I havn't had my ps3 long and I have been taking it to my brother's house at weekends, he recently got a HD tv and we set it to 720p setting and played HD for the rest of the day. I came home and wired it up, and on my non-HD tv, it's not loading up and I cannot reset the display settings.

Is there anything I can do without having to go to my brother's and change it?

Thanks, Dex.
  • Easy fix, dcurtis. Once you have the PS3 hooked up to your set and in standby just hold down the power button until you hear a second beep (takes maybe 5 seconds). This will make the PS3 detect what sort of output is on there and make the system go with it, giving you your picture back.
  • Got it, thx.

Dex
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Easy fix, dcurtis. Once you have the PS3 hooked up to your set and in standby just hold down the power button until you hear a second beep (takes maybe 5 seconds). This will make the PS3 detect what sort of output is on there and make the system go with it, giving you your picture back.

does that work switching both ways?

hd-to-av and av-to-hd?
  • I think so jenre. If you ever get this problem when you've switched either way, just use Lyn's advice and it will be sorted..;)
  • Yep, this will work for going hi def to low def or low def to high def. B)