• Hi Please can you help?

I am trying to connect my ps3 to the internet but it will not connect to the playsttion network.

Obtain IP address - Succeeded
    Internet Connection - Succeeded
    Playstation Network - Failed

I am trying to connect via wireless
    i have created a playstation network account
    Many thanks
  • You most likely still have to open certain ports in your router's Port Forwarding to get things working properly- the ones that Sony uses for the PSN are closed by default. These are the ports you need to open:

* TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    * UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, 10070, and 50100
  • how do i do that? where do i start. sorry not very good with stuff like this
  • You have to go into the router settings on the PC- most do this in your web browser. The path to it is different for every brand so i can't say exactly how you would do it without knowing the brand and model number of your router.
  • its a belkin ads2+ modem with high speed wireless g router
    model f5d7633-4
  • how do i open them i got
    is it internal or external

and what do i put in the start/end
  • This page should explain step by step how to do port forwarding on that model. For the port numbers that are on their own put the same number in the start and end blanks- for the group that goes from 10070 to 10080 put the 10070 in start and 10080 in end. Put the numbers in both Internal and External.
  • Lyndon, I understand most of what your saying, but what do you mean when u say "Put the numbers in both Internal and External"