GT5 Problem... Error code 80130186
  • :frown: Hello, I have had my PS3 for a few months now and have been happily playing GT5 online but all of a sudden it has come up with an error, it reads. An ethernet cable is not connected (80130186), and I can't get online.Please Help !!!
  • Hmmm...thats a code I have never seen on any of the code lists floating around.

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the ethernet cables?

Are you using a router?
  • Hi
    Yes, I have disconnected that and reconnected them and yes the connection is via a netgear router, my PC internet connection is fine. I haven't done anything to the PS3, one day it was working and the next it wasn't. I really haven't got a clue.
  • Have you tried power cycling the router? Maybe turn it off for a minute or two and then plug in the power to it again will clear things up. Sometimes these things get a touch of "brain freeze". To be honest, netgear routers have seemed to be particularly troublesome for PS3 online (been a number of people with problems with them). They are not my recommended brand.
  • I agree with your Netgear comment Lyndon. when I first got my PS3, I was using a low end netgear and had nothing but problems. After getting the D-Link I have now, i'll never go back to NG. Anyways, besides the rebooting of the router, is it possible that there is a port problem?
  • No, I wouldn't say it's a matter of opening ports- the router mainly had a brain fart and somehow started not sending internet access through to the PS3.

Neil, if after doing the power cycle bit your system still can't get online I would suggest a new router, preferably from D-Link (my personal choice) or Linksys.
  • Hello
    I unplugged my router and left it for a couple of minutes and that has solved the problem. Thanks very much for your help, Im off now to GT5. Thanks. Neil.
  • i have the same problem too,except my connection is wired and on a internet connnection sharing setup.
    i have power cycled,unplugged all my cables etc on my ps3 and i still cant get connected at all.
    i was playing a game one night online,turned off my ps3 everything was ok,i turned it on next day and i had the following error 80130186:an ethernet cable is not connected.
    i know that the cable is connected and still works,as i have tried it on my xbox 360 and my pc,so i know that the connection still works,its just my ps3?
    can you help me at all,i have tried contacting sony,but have had no reply from them at all?
  • If you contacted them via e-mail you most likely will not get a reply back- that form is more for feedback/ suggestions type of thing. To get to the tech crew there you need to use the phone number fund in the system manual.

I would suggest removing the internet connection settings you have on the PS3 and re-do them from scratch. You may need to recheck the ICS (internet connection sharing) settings on the computer as well.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    If you contacted them via e-mail you most likely will not get a reply back- that form is more for feedback/ suggestions type of thing. To get to the tech crew there you need to use the phone number fund in the system manual.

I would suggest removing the internet connection settings you have on the PS3 and re-do them from scratch. You may need to recheck the ICS (internet connection sharing) settings on the computer as well.

thanks,i'll try that.
    the settings on the pc are fine as they work for my xbox 360 and my nintendo wii still.( it's the same settings)
    i have also opened up the ports that you have stated in another post in the forum too.
  • this is going to sound a little out there. but my ps3 wont pick up connection anymore (through the router built inside) and i know i should just buy a new router. but the thing that stumps me is ive had my ps3 for 2 years and always used the ps3 router and never had a single problem. and then out of the blue my retarded ps3 wont pick ANY signals at all. if anyone can help id really appreciate it!!!