network error problem
  • Hi, hopefully I can get some real help. All of a sudden on Monday, the ps3 acted up and booted us off line. When we tried to reconnect all we got was a 80710092 network error. If you restart the unit, it signs in, lets you see who's on and can even browse the internet, but once you try to game online, the error repeats and does'nt log in anymore. I did the internet connection test, it finds the ip address, internet connection is fine but gets stuck on playstation network and goes into error. As far as I know the correct ports are open and cannot figure out what is going on. We are hooked up wireless, but the signal is between 95 and 100 percent. I've rebooted the router, the ps3, the whole unpluged thing for several minutes, all to no resolve. Now to really upset me, sometimes when I did the internet check, it would say playstation network had a connection but when I did try, I was booted right away. Can you help me out?:mad:
  • A possible solution I found when googling that error code was to put these numbers into the DNS server blanks of your PS3 settings:

If doing it that way does not work set the PS3 to automatic and put those DNS numbers in the router itself.