• My friend and I have both been happily enjoying our Playstation 2s for a long time now, but the friend i have just told you about had some trouble with the blue-under sided disks, they would not play anymore. These would just never load up. He could play the other diks but not these blue ones. He went and exchanged his PS2 and it is perfectly fine now.

Does anyone know why this had happened?
  • This problem was covered in a couple of other threads.

What hapened was the lens that reads the CD-based games was knocked out of alignment,making it unable to read the data.The blue-bottomed games are on CD while the white are DVD,which uses a different lens.
  • If you're looking to get that fixed then I will highly recommend trying to go through Sony first and if that isn't going to work out, which it should, then you should find a local shop to ix it. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Sony charges around 120$ to fix it so why not just get a new Ps2?
  • Because this problem is due to a manufacturer problem you can get it fixed for nothing through Sony if you tell them what the problem is and insist that they pay for it since it's a manufacturer prob. rather than any other problems. That's why it's best to go through Sony....Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.