• a word of advice,don't buy controllers and accesories(unless it's some kind of cable) from other companies like pelican and madcatz.those aren't very good,especially the memory cards.i bought one that said it had like 50 blocks or something,and the next day i turned my PS on,all the data was erased!
  • Yes i too own the MadCatz memory card that holds 144 blocks of memory. It hasnt givin me trouble but i only saved stuff on it that i can recover in about an hour of gameplay. 3rd party accessories are NOT favored by anyone on this board I can tell. It may be more to pay for safety by buying a SONY made or tested product. A little more can save you alot of trouble in the long run. Also i suggest backing up your old memory cards. Never know even if it is Sony made.
  • well,trust me on this,do not buy the 300 blocks one.
  • I wouldn't recommend that you get any 3rd party MCs but i do have a 360 block Intereact card and have only had problems once. Controllers work fine but the lifespan is much, much shorter than an official Sony controller. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Yep I had the stering wheel (driving games) madcatz for PS and it broke in a few days I mean it didn't work at the 2nd day now I only only Playstation controllers, memcards cds etc!
  • if there's one thing i learned from my brother,it's always use accesories from the company that produced the system.(i.e. sony,nintendo,microsoft)
  • I dislike 3rd party accessories. When I was first buying my PS2 I told my dad to go pick it up for me and to buy a memory card, and specificly told him to buy only the SONY brand memory card and he comes home and what does he have? A Madcatz 8mb memory card. I was kind of mad, not really! I just got a new PS2! Anyways, it hasnt gave me any trouble at all so far. I just need to get another one so I can back it up a SONY brand memory card. Well, later.
  • Well,i got a Madcarz controller for PS and it worked fine but one day on the screen it was like i was pressing the X button but i wasn't but after that day it was fine.
  • I only buy sony brand stuff. No 3rd party stuff for me. I like to have high quality stuff.
    :D
  • lol their was this game magazine i was reading longass time ago, not sure what kind, but they did a stress test on all kinds of video game controllers, and the only controllers that passed were the original brand controllers, they did tests like dumping them in a 55 gallon fishtank filled with sprite soda LOL. then they had this guy 250lbs step on each one of the controllers "the n64 controller cracked and broke the center bottom part off but the analog stick still worked." they stepped on a madcatz dualshock controller and the thumbsticks embedded sideways into the metal block that houses the potimeters "if i even spelled it right" and pretty much destroyed. the original sony playstation controller still worked after all the excessive abuse, a couple of buttons were sticky. but the analog sticks still kept their firmness, and everything worked just fackin dandy lol
  • Masterman said:
    I only buy sony brand stuff. No 3rd party stuff for me. I like to have high quality stuff.
    :D

MistaGlock said:
    lol their was this game magazine i was reading longass time ago, not sure what kind, but they did a stress test on all kinds of video game controllers, and the only controllers that passed were the original brand controllers, they did tests like dumping them in a 55 gallon fishtank filled with sprite soda LOL. then they had this guy 250lbs step on each one of the controllers "the n64 controller cracked and broke the center bottom part off but the analog stick still worked." they stepped on a madcatz dualshock controller and the thumbsticks embedded sideways into the metal block that houses the potimeters "if i even spelled it right" and pretty much destroyed. the original sony playstation controller still worked after all the excessive abuse, a couple of buttons were sticky. but the analog sticks still kept their firmness, and everything worked just fackin dandy lol

Still got my original Sony Controllers from PS1 & PS2 and I don't mind the teeth marks in them from frustrating hard level gaming they all work 100%. But where there's a 3rd party one, it got busted within 3 months of purchase. Sony do have intense testing proceedures on there equipment, it's only the 3rd party who get the basics down & just bung them out to make a quick $£$£$£$£$£$