Playstation 3 help
  • Please help me out here I am doing this for my 10 year old son. I am not quite sure how the games are supposed to load I have never used it. He says normaly when he starts a game the title will come up under games & automaticaly loads & starts & now it only shows the game & it will not start. It does this one evey game I have tried. Not sure what to do.
  • Even when clicking the on the game disk icon, the game will not start..? Sounds like a problem with either the disk drive or another internal problem in the PS3 system itself. How many games have you tried- to which you have not been able to start them..? Does a message come up after the game won't start..?

It sounds like a replacement job to me, i would advise that you call Sony's Tech support and arrange for a replacement PS3. If you are still under their one year warranty this will be done for you free of charge.
  • Sounds like the PS3 game auto start is turned off. Not a big deal, really. If you highlight the disc in the Game menu and hit X your game should start.

This auto start feature can be found in the System Settings portion of the PS3's Settings menu. Look for "Disc Auto Start". If this is set to off, hit X, select "on" and hit X again.