Oblivion : Duplicating problems
  • I have the original version of oblivion for the ps3 and I cant duplicate the black or grand soul gems. I have seen variations to the duping process but none of them will work for me. PLEASE help. Thanks
  • I just joined today Im totally clueless about how this stuff works, when i'm trying to duplicate am i supposed to be somewhere special, ive alredy brought shivering isles and im playing with that disc, does it make a difference?
  • I have the original version of oblivion for the ps3 and I cant duplicate the black or grand soul gems. I have seen variations to the duping process but none of them will work for me. PLEASE help. Thanks

This is how to do the duplicating cheat:

-Get two (or more) magic scrolls of the same type (they must not be stolen).
    -Press X (apply/equip) on a magic scroll you have two of- you can press X up to six times.
    -Press Square (drop) on the item you want to duplicate.
    -Press O and pick up your items.

There are a few things you must consider before tackling the cheat:

-You must have more scrolls than the item you want to duplicate.
    - Certain items, weapons and armor won't work (Nirnroot and Armor of Valor are examples).
    - The health of the item must be 100 (Get it repaired by an NPC just to be safe)
    - The charge on a magical item must be full.

Try this again- you may have made a mistake the first time. It takes a little practice to get it right i hear- it is very tempremental. It normally takes a couple of go's to get it right.:)

I just joined today Im totally clueless about how this stuff works, when i'm trying to duplicate am i supposed to be somewhere special, ive alredy brought shivering isles and im playing with that disc, does it make a difference?

As far as i can tell, the duplicating cheat works in the exact same way with Shivering Isles. Just try the cheat again (using the above method) and it should work...;)