I can connect to ps3 network but not play online??
  • I've been playing EA Skate online for months, with almost 2,000 online matches and all of a sudden one night it just doesn't connect to a game session.

I can view online photos and videos and look at my profile, but when I try to play online, it says unable to connect to game session.

I went through the trouble of setting up a static ip address and went to my router directly in the internet browser and added my comp's ip address and my ps3's ip address under the virtual sever tab. I reset my router and modem and still nothing.

Just yesterday when it wouldn't work, I just changed the ip address on the ps3 to xxx xxx xxx 250 and it worked and I was playing online, but the next night (tonight) its back to the same thing and wont work again no matter what I've tried!:mad:

Any and all help would be appreciated,

_Bobby
  • Did you go into the port forwarding and open the ports needed for the PlayStation network traffic?
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Did you go into the port forwarding and open the ports needed for the PlayStation network traffic?

I heard of doing that, but haven't tried it yet.

Do I go under the firewall options of the router? I seen that tab but didn't mess with it yet.

I'll definitely give it a try if you can help out.

_Bobby
  • I have no idea why, but this morning it is working after what I did last night.

I'll let you know if it decides to quit on me again!:mad:
  • You should see the port forwarding somewhere in the Advanced section of the router settings. It's a simple process, really- enter the port numbers where it shows, select the type, check the "enable" box, and save the settings.

The path to it varies from router to router- if it does happen to act up again you could give it a go.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    You should see the port forwarding somewhere in the Advanced section of the router settings. It's a simple process, really- enter the port numbers where it shows, select the type, check the "enable" box, and save the settings.

The path to it varies from router to router- if it does happen to act up again you could give it a go.

here is a shot of the menu under the firewall tab:

does this look right??

it will let me join a game session, and then later on I go to play again and its back to the same old thing of unable to connect to game session

if thats right, what ports do I open??
  • The port forwarding should be under the Virtual Server button. As for what ports to open, I've listed them in a number of the threads throughout this section.- check out a couple of the more recent threads to find them. This page goes through the forwarding process step-by-step.
  • So far, so good. It was late last night and I didn't do the ports right. I was following that port forwarding guide and did the numbers it listed and didn't even know what I was doing......

I have a better understanding of it now and opened all the ports:

tcp 80 443 5223 10070-10080 udp 3478 3479 3658 10070 20100

then rebooted the router

so Im gonna cross my fingers and hope it stays fixed this time!!:confused:

Thanks!

_Bobby
    (your avatar is gonna haunt me in my sleep, I can't get that vision of Mr. Bean outta my head!!)