• trying to connect my ps3 and it says ip timed out. I haven't been on-line for a while, but it used to work fine. what should i do?
  • I would suggest going through the settings just to make sure everything is as it should be, both on the PS3 and in your router. If nothing has been changed try "power cycling" the router and modem. Unplug the both of them for about a minute then plug them in again. This may cure things if it was a bit of "brain freeze".
  • thanks lyndon. another question: how do i find out my WEP code if I don't know it? I use Verizon wireless.
  • Just go into your router- you'll find it in the Security section (or wherever the encryption is managed).
  • I tried power cycling it and still wont fine the IP address. Also I can't go in and check out what my router is saying because my laptop is down right now. What should I try next?
  • You could try getting into the router settings using the PS3's web browser- just enter in the same address you do on the laptop to get there and log in as usual. Once you make your changes, close the browser and give it another shot.