slim ps2 77004 disk read error PLZ HELP! :p
  • my ps2 slim 77004 is 7 months old. it was running well... i recently bought the game nfs underground 2 but one day when i woz playin nfs underground 2 .... i just started the game nd on the main screen woz entering the cheat codes when the background music stoped playin my game woz stuck ..... i have entered the cheats lot of time but i dono what happened then i restarted the ps2 by then it is not reading the dvds whenever i insert the dvd it makes some clicking sound and then shows a disk read error but it runs the simple cds when i insert the cd it dosent give me the clicking sound......... can any 1 help me plz i have opened my ps2 and my warranty is over.... i m googling since 15 days but no help found plz help me.... and reply soon ..... Thanks In Advance !

btw u can also email me...
    [email]Nauman_shahzad@hotmail.com[/email]
    [email]Nauman_shahzad20@yahoo.com[/email]
  • Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done other than phone Sony's tech support to line up repairs/ replacing the system. They will charge you for this (I think $50 is the going rate, they could say for sure over the phone) but the turn around time will be somewhat quick, maybe a couple of weeks. Again, they could give a more accurate timelineover the phone.