Game And Console Problems
  • :huh: how come every time i use a game on my playstation i have a problem can someone help me i just got a mod chip but cant figure out the problem that all my games freeze can somene give me some information on how to remove a mod chip plz help by emailing some information at [email][/email] caleb jeffrey bye .
  • Unfortunately I don't know if there is a way to successfully remove the mod but if i were to take a guess then i'd say you just need to heat up the solder joints and remove the chip's wiring....but i don't know what all the wiring of a mod entails so that's the best i can tell you. I do know that your problems are more than likely due to the aforementioned chip. Hopefully this helps you remove it. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming once you get your PSX fixed.
  • Not only is a "chipped" console a No-no to talk about here at API, but worse yet, you are out of luck when it comes to removing one once installed.

Your problem is indeed due to the Mod chip, and from the sounds of it, the heat generated while installing (from the soldering iron) has damaged the sensitive circutry on your consoles' board.

....see what a savings the Mod chip was?
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions