Funniest Joke in the World?
  • Taken from a book I received for my birthday (That Book of Pefectly Useless Information by Michael Symons) I found what British researchers have claimed was the Funniest Joke in the Whole World. For your reading pleasure, enjoy!

A couple of New Jersey hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing; his eyes are rolled back in his head. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator, "My friend is dead! What can I do?"
    The operator, in a calm, soothing voice, says, "Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead."
    There is a silence, and then a shot is heard.
    The guy's voice comes back on the line.
    He says, "Okay, now what?"
  • Funny - Yes!

Funniest joke in the world - Not sure...?
  • Rob C STAFF said:
    Funny - Yes!

Funniest joke in the world - Not sure...?

LOL. I wouldn't be doubting British researchers Rob.;)
  • I don't know, even us Brits make mistakes (on very rare occasions)...;)
  • Well it made me smile, but not funny enough to make me laugh (which isnt that hard). Also i saw the punchline coming so im gonnna say its definately not the funniest joke in the world in my point of view.
  • -=Gladius=- said:
    Well it made me smile, but not funny enough to make me laugh (which isnt that hard). Also i saw the punchline coming so im gonnna say its definately not the funniest joke in the world in my point of view.

Made me smile too Gladius, but it's definately not the ABSOLUTE greatest in the whole world. I found it in my book though and was like "hmmm":confused:
  • It's funny... but I've heard funnier. I wonder what criteria they used to determine "funny"?
  • MasterofTerasKasi said:
    It's funny... but I've heard funnier. I wonder what criteria they used to determine "funny"?

Me too MasterofTerasKasi. And if they based the "funniness" of it on a laugh reaction of the person listening I wonder how many people just laughed to be polite rather than laughed because they actually found it humorous.
  • That's a pretty funny joke but i heard funnier.
  • i thought it was funny
    although i find cruelty to be very funny
    so i guess it´s just my opinion...
    heard funnier ones...
  • let me tell you about joe. joe got a new job in a novelty shop selling adult toys. first customer to come in is a little black lady. "how much for a white one?" she asks. "$20", joe replies. she says," i've never had a white one before", and she leaves. the next customer is a smoking hot redhead, she asks joe, "how much for an afro-american sexual aid?" joe says,"$25" pays him and says "you know, i've never had a black one before" and she leaves. the final customer of the day, a blonde girl. she looks around, and looks around, finally she asks, "how much for the plaid one? i've had white ones, i've had black ones, but i've never had a plaid one," joe didn't miss a beat "$150" she pays him and leaves. later that day, joe's boss comes in, "well joe, how'd you do?" well boss, i sold a white one for $20, a black one for $25 , and i sold your thermos for $150. :p
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    I found what British researchers have claimed was the Funniest Joke in the Whole World.... enjoy!
    Say no more, Say no more. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Given that the British sense of humor doesn't always travel well, I can see how they might consider that the funniest joke in the world, yet others disagree. Given my sense of humor, it would be impossible to post what I think is the funniest joke in the world, as it would appear as nothing more than a series of #$%& and *#@!, and so on. Even so, that's a good joke.
  • Well if my opinion matters I thought it was funny... oh and I have a joke. ok its a blonde joke. A blonde and brunet are out on a hike they were talking so they did see the cliff and fell off but caught hold of the lip of the cliff. It was breaking and one of them had to let go. The brunett said "I will let go" and gave a loving speech about why. The blonde loved it so much she clapped.
  • realy funny
    thank you for that joke