• Has anyone got any trophies for any game other than Super Stardust HD?

Looked at my buddy list, and there seems to be only me and Lyn with trophies, mine all from SS HD, and i know Lyn has this game.

Lyndon, are yours from SS HD also?

How do you get trophies for other games, or do other games not yet support this feature?

Just curious.
  • i have not got any trophies,what exactly do you get them for?
  • Super Stardust is the only game that has trophies at the moment- hard to say what games, if any, that have already been released will get them (other than Burnout: paradise- Criterion does plan to implement them and make them retroactive so you won't have to replay the entire game for them). Future releases will eventually have the trophy support built in.

Steel, the trophies are Sony's answer to achievements on the 360. As an example, if you can last 45 seconds in the Survival mode without firing a single weapon or boosting you get a trophy (this one was a bugger too, took quite a few tries). Stardust has 13 trophies in all, several of which require you to have the solo and multiplayer packs to get.
  • Thanks Lyndon, i thought that might be the case.

Only got the basic Stardust pack so i wont get them all, got 5 up to now.
  • I have 12 of the available trophies as of now (had bought the solo pack add-on well before the trophies were added in). Just need to get the 10x multiplier in arcade mode, Extra Ships Optional and "Shock and Awe"in Endless along with Late Boomer in Bomber mode. Haven't bought the multiple player pack so that one trophy there will be left to the wayside.
  • I'm surprised that PAIN hasn't quickly pushed an update for trophies. You think they'd be in the know, and prepared more than anyone. Also, another PSN game that would be good for trophies is the one that only I seem to like (It's a good game, but hard in the later stages!) is Pixeljunk Racers. It already has a Trophy system in the game, it would take 5 minutes to turn the in-game trophies into "Sony" trophies.

I am already liking the trophy system. I'll admit, I was super frustrated with Super Stardust when it first came out, and I put it down and never went back to it. So when the trophies update was delivered, I decided to just try it again, maybe I just didn't give it a fair shake. Turns out, it's a pretty good game. It's VERY unforgiving though. Some modes of the game won't even allow you to touch one object, or your ship explodes... that's the dumbest thing ever.

It's growing on me though, as I have been having fun chasing those impossible trophies. I can't wait to see what other games get trophies in the next few weeks - if any do. I'd be excited for Pain, Pixeljunk Racers and Uncharted to get them, not to mention Burnout: Paradise... hopefully going retroactive would mean that I've already unlocked all of those trophies without even knowing. Uncharted would be heaven... I still love that game.

I think I read somewhere that Insomniac was too busy with Resistance 2 to bother with trophies for Resistance 1. I don't know how I feel about that. On the one hand, sure, I want them to make the best game they can make with Resistance 2, but on the other hand, trophies don't seem like they'd be that hard to implement in an older game. One guy could take the time to work on them. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that one, I just hope it doesn't become the industry standard [ie: "We're too busy on our next game to care..."]
  • That's exactly what it mean, Matt- when they implement the trophy patch for Paradise it will look at your game data/save data and whatever achievements they put in that you accomplished beforehand (smashing all billboards, 20 cars trashed in an event, etc.) will be given to you with no need to replay it all.

In a past blog post over at Sony's official blog they did list PixelJunk Eden and PAIN as going to get trophies eventually alng with BUZZ! Quiz TV, LittleBigPlanet, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, NBA 09, Resistance 2, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation and Warhawk.

As for getting the trophies into past games, i don't think it's the difficulty of actually doing it but being able to spare the people for it. Some studios just don't have the manpower to spare if they are in the middle of a big project. Sony is working with studios to have all future releases (probably starting later this year) have trophies as a standard. To be honest, we have no clue how easy/ hard it is to implement these things as there would have to be numerous tests to make sure the new code didn't break something else in the game. It isn't as quick and easy a fix as you may think.
  • i have seen some write ups about these trophys and its from wat im reading that playstation have launched it months to late and the word is as lyndon said is that they just dont have the resorces to write the programs for many games already out there as there to busy making new games altho this could be wrong as playstation have up dated the ps3 3 times in as many weeks i think playstation need to put some decent information on there web site with a list of games
  • I Love the new trophy system. Fact is i have '0' as of yet, but when games such as Warhawk start getting patched and future games include them, i'll be playing religiously to earn every one (and get that Platinum trophy:D).

I hope that most of last years exclusive blockbusters- such as R&C: TOD, Uncharted, Resistance, Motorstorm etc will get them eventually. I know this is maybe not very likely, but if at least one or two get them patched in at some time, it would be brilliant!

Anyway, at least we now have Trophies in our hands as gamers. I can see a lot of games getting them later this year, so it's going to be good fun when the time comes...:)
  • Well, as things stand right now I am going to give it up on getting the trophies I have left to go in SSD: HD- I have no bloody clue how you get those nukes showing up fast enough for "shock and awe"- there has to be something that triggers them but I just can't seem to figure out what- things soon start getting ramped up that much you are lucky to survive.
  • Quick update for you Uncharted players out there- the game will be getting a patch in the near future for trophies.

According to Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells this was fairly easy to do as they had things partially in place with the "medals" system, just in case the trophies did roll out before the game's release.

The trophies won't be retroactive, though, as this would lead to some grabbing a complete game save and use that to pad their count. You want them, you'll have to replay the game and earn them.

Should be mid-August for the update to come in.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:

According to Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells this was fairly easy to do as they had things partially in place with the "medals" system, just in case the trophies did roll out before the game's release.

The trophies won't be retroactive, though, as this would lead to some grabbing a complete game save and use that to pad their count. You want them, you'll have to replay the game and earn them.

Should be mid-August for the update to come in.

Good deal. This was the main game I was hoping would get them, because like Resistance, it has a type of medals system built in.

It's kind of sad that they aren't retroactive, because some medals in Uncharted involved shooting a certain gun a certain number of times - A.K.A. a real pain. But that's not to say they won't come up with new trophies that are different from the medals.

I'm glad to hear that someone is going to patch a real Disc-based game.

Lyndon, have you heard if ELEFUNK is going to have trophies? I am interested in the game because I'm a sucker for puzzle games, and it looks pretty fun. I think it comes out Thursday, but it'd be good to know before I buy.
  • Elefunk wasn't in the list of titles slated to get them first so i haven't any idea if that game will get them or not. Wouldn't be too surprised if it does if the game sells well enough, though.
  • That's great news- that Uncharted is getting Trophies! It's fair enough that they won't be retroactive- even though like Matt said some of the challenges can be a pain, i can cope with the slight annoyance.;)

It will allow me to play through the game again; it is a great game after all! Well done Naughty Dog, for being one of the first to get a patch out there for the trophies. I'm going to enjoy working through the game again for them...:D
  • i know how to get trophies, but it is hard. what games have trophies? i have brothers in arms, metal gear solid 4, infamous, mlb 09 the show, assassins creed, and motorstorm. the only trophy i got was from mlb 09 the show. thats was for a grand slam.
  • Both Uncharted and Infamous have trophies (you'll need to download the patch and start a new game in Uncharted's case). A large number of the PSN downloadable titles have them (not the PSOne classics but the actual PSN games like Super Stardust, Shatter, etc.). Any games published in 2009 and later are to have them standard so any titles that came out from January onward now have them. Other publishers are doing some patching to include trophies into their games, you may want to check your collection for any updates.
  • I have 5 games with throphies, but my friends have about 18 different games with throphies.
  • MeSaNinja said:
    i know how to get trophies, but it is hard. what games have trophies? i have brothers in arms, metal gear solid 4, infamous, mlb 09 the show, assassins creed, and motorstorm. the only trophy i got was from mlb 09 the show. thats was for a grand slam.

Out of those, only inFamous and MLB 09 will have trophies ;).