• what is a vcd and can I play one on my ps :unsure:
  • A VCD is a "Video Compact Disc" I dont think the only way to play it on a playstation is with a boot disc...but its pirated material..not good. My friend plays VCD's on his Dreamcast...because frankly Sega doesnt care anymore about it. If im wrong about the boot disc being illegal some one correct me. But from what ive seen no one payed a penny for either one. <_<
  • VCD does not automatically mean pirated media, before DVD took off you could find these in most stores. Nowaday theres not much call for it, but it is true that its the bootleggers choice of media.
  • Over in Asia there was a peripheral released to allow playing VCD movies on the old PlayStation-this device never made it out of that market however,so the only place you would maybe ( and a very big maybe now as this was several years ago) find it is a shop which deals in imported games.The VCD format is pretty much dead I think with the emergence of DVD so I wouldn't bother looking too hard for it.On its own the PS is only capable of playing the PSOne games and audio CDs.