ps2 network problem
  • Hi guys,is my first thread i just bought a ps2 yesterday and i`m trying to set the network i tested it and the signal was successful ,then i wanted to try pes 5 online but unfortunately i have dnas error(-832) message ,can anybody help me with this plzzzzzzz.thanks
  • Scorps, are you connected via a router? If so you may want to check in there and make sure you have the DNS servers matching up with what you put in the PS2's settings. If you went all automatic, you may want to try putting the numbers you find into the PS2 settings manually.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Scorps, are you connected via a router? If so you may want to check in there and make sure you have the DNS servers matching up with what you put in the PS2's settings. If you went all automatic, you may want to try putting the numbers you find into the PS2 settings manually.

yes m8 i`m connected via a router (aol) how can i check the dns??? sorry for my ignorance
  • Log into the router set up pages in your web browser (instructions on that came with the router, should be on the quickstart guide) and go to the Status or Summary page, depending on how they put it. You'll find the DNS server addresses being used there.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Log into the router set up pages in your web browser (instructions on that came with the router, should be on the quickstart guide) and go to the Status or Summary page, depending on how they put it. You'll find the DNS server addresses being used there.

Thanks mate done as you said tested the connection was successfull but when try to get into network i have network error(-621)saying there was a connection error,any help??
  • You may need to do a bit more in making custom settings for your PS2. If you go into the PS2's system information you should be able to find the MAC Address. It will look like six pairs of letter/ number combinations separated by dashes. Write this down and go back into the router settings.

What you are going to be looking for is the DHCP Client List. This is an area found in most routers that will allow you to pick a custom IP address and assign it to a particular device going online- in this case, the PS2. Click the button for adding to the list and then it's a simple matter of putting the MAC Address in the blanks provided and select the last numbers of the IP address. You should be able to see what the range of addresses is from the main page of the router options. Go somewhere in the middle of this range just to make sure there is no conflict with your computer or anything else. Save the changes and then put that IP address in your PS2 settings. You may also want to put that IP address into the "DMZ" of the router- this will get it past any sort of protection that may be blocking the PS2 data traffic.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    You may need to do a bit more in making custom settings for your PS2. If you go into the PS2's system information you should be able to find the MAC Address. It will look like six pairs of letter/ number combinations separated by dashes. Write this down and go back into the router settings.

What you are going to be looking for is the DHCP Client List. This is an area found in most routers that will allow you to pick a custom IP address and assign it to a particular device going online- in this case, the PS2. Click the button for adding to the list and then it's a simple matter of putting the MAC Address in the blanks provided and select the last numbers of the IP address. You should be able to see what the range of addresses is from the main page of the router options. Go somewhere in the middle of this range just to make sure there is no conflict with your computer or anything else. Save the changes and then put that IP address in your PS2 settings. You may also want to put that IP address into the "DMZ" of the router- this will get it past any sort of protection that may be blocking the PS2 data traffic.

Thanks but that`s a bit too compilcated for me ,anyway i think that i have to call sony uk to give me a network access code as i bought my a second hand playstation and the seller didn`t have it as he threw his box.
  • It may sound complicated but it really isn't that bad- just a matter of going to the right spot and tweaking one or two small bits.

Yes, the registration to Central Station would also be a factor in your case.