• Just wondering if there is any cheat for money in this game I do not have the game shark but if you have any cheats or hints for this game that doesnt involve the game shark I would appreciate any feedback that you could give :) I already know how to identify for less by dropping the item in town and then picking up and asking Irma to identify it. So thank you for reading and I hope to hear from you soon :lol:
  • I haven't seen any cheats for this title other than GS codes but maybe someone else knows of some. I didn't know about the identify thing, of course i don't think i really worried about it anyway....heh, heh. If i see any cheats then i'll let you know. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • This is a very average game which is unfairly difficult at times. My tip.... get something else.
  • Definitely no in-game codes. Where their is a will their is a way though.....and that way being $39.99 USD :lol: GameShark is good, especially the pro version. I wish they made the exact setup for the PS2 instead of that damned memory card. I would be in gaming heaven if it was made differently. <_<</font>
  • Originally posted by Dunc@Aug 5 2002, 06:45 AM
    This is a very average game which is unfairly difficult at times. My tip.... get something else.

Well, I don't know about the "get something else" part Dunc, but you are right in that it tends to be a very difficult game at times, leaving the player not in a standard "thinking/concentration/use your brains" mind-set, but rather a "what were the developers thinking" mind-set.

I have seen a LOT worse games out there, but this one does indeed leave one with a feeling of bewilderment in that there is VERY little instruction or even tips/hints to help the player throughout thier gaming experience in Darkstone.

It's almost as if the developers forgot to incorporate an actual storyline into the game.

.....for $10.00 it isn't bad, per se, but it isn't the quality of better-known games such as the FF series and such.
  • Originally posted by Lucifer+Aug 8 2002, 12:13 AM-->QUOTE (Lucifer @ Aug 8 2002, 12:13 AM)<!--QuoteBegin--Dunc</i>@Aug 5 2002, 06:45 AM
    This is a very average game which is unfairly difficult at times. My tip.... get something else.

Well, I don't know about the "get something else" part Dunc, but you are right in that it tends to be a very difficult game at times, leaving the player not in a standard "thinking/concentration/use your brains" mind-set, but rather a "what were the developers thinking" mind-set.

I have seen a LOT worse games out there, but this one does indeed leave one with a feeling of bewilderment in that there is VERY little instruction or even tips/hints to help the player throughout thier gaming experience in Darkstone.

It's almost as if the developers forgot to incorporate an actual storyline into the game.

.....for $10.00 it isn't bad, per se, but it isn't the quality of better-known games such as the FF series and such.[/b][/quote]
    Not only that, but from what I remember,( I haven`t touched it for quite a while) the actual difficulty curve was a bit fierce. Or maybe it`s just that I`m not that good at it.

Last edited by Dunc at Aug 13 2002, 02:09 PM
  • Originally posted by Dunc@Aug 13 2002, 07:05 AM
    Not only that, but from what I remember,( I haven`t touched it for quite a while) the actual difficulty curve was a bit fierce. Or maybe it`s just that I`m not that good at it.

No, your memory is quite good regarding that aspect of it Dunc; although I wouldn't call it a learning curve, more of a learning mountain!
  • Yes. Unfortunately some developers make some games unfairly difficult in an attempt to hide that game`s various faults and weaknesses. However, having said that, I can imagine that getting a game`s difficulty curve just right might not be easy. Some people like their games to be rock-hard from the start, while others like games to build up to hard as their character`s skills and abilities increase. In the case of Darkstone, I think that a lot of people that bother to get a copy will give up a fair way from the end because they are just fed-up with dying too often.

Last edited by Dunc at Aug 15 2002, 10:49 AM