game not loading properly and menu prob i think
  • hey guys
    i have a 40gb ps3 im from aus and bought it here its about 6 months old.
    bought nascar 08 off ebay from an aus seller says its regon free but im having a prob (its region 1 if ya need to know)
    when i load the game it comes up but it is in black and white and the screen is flickering that bad you can only justmake out what is on the screen.:eek: :frown:
    all my other games i have bought from stores work
    can you tell me whats going on and how to fix it please if ya can

also when i press the ps button in the middle of the control it dont bring up the quit menu it bring the main menu while the game is still running its doing this on all my games now didnt before i updated the software is this normal with the new software?
    thanks heeps sam
  • The game may be region free but the region does play a part on how it will display.

Region 1 (NTSC) will use a different standard definition standard than PAL. If you are hooked up using the standard- def hookup such as SCART you will find this happening with all imported games. Your solutions are to hook up to a hgh definition set with either component or HDMI or find a set that can handle both NTSC and PAL signal.
  • also when i press the ps button in the middle of the control it dont bring up the quit menu it bring the main menu while the game is still running its doing this on all my games now didnt before i updated the software is this normal with the new software?

Yes, this is due to you updating your Firmware to 2.40 or above. You now have in-game xmb (the main PS3 browser displays in games) aswell as lots of other new and exciting features. Here's a link to our news article which provides a detailed explanation of the features added in Firmware 2.40: Absolute PlayStation- Firmware 2.40 News Article
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    The game may be region free but the region does play a part on how it will display.

Region 1 (NTSC) will use a different standard definition standard than PAL. If you are hooked up using the standard- def hookup such as SCART you will find this happening with all imported games. Your solutions are to hook up to a hgh definition set with either component or HDMI or find a set that can handle both NTSC and PAL signal.

so the 3 coloured plugs i am using wont work?
    what if i dont have a high def tv what can be used?
    sorry kinda not realy good with all this tech stuff.
  • If you don't have a high-def set to connect to your only other option would be to find an NTSC-to-PAL converter to hook up to when playing the imported games or, if feeling a bit more flush, find a tv that can handle both formats.
  • ok cool thanks for ya help