Games Like 'draken"
  • I am a brand new member to this site, so I hope I am not asking a question that has been asked over and over and over.

I am also brand new to the PS2. My girlfriend and I have been separately playing the only game we have 'Draken', and we both are completely engulfed in this game.

Question is: we are both very close to finishing it (we think!) and are wondering what other games out there are very similar to this one. I think we would both prefer fantasy/strategy games. I have done some checking on this website for reviews of games and what-not, but I want to hear from all of you.

Based on our liking of "Draken", what are some other games we should give a try?

Thanks for your help!

Scottb
  • Well the closest game that i can think of is Baldurs Gate:Dark alliance.
  • I have been reading about that game, and all of the reviews seem to be good. On some websites, 'Draken' has been reviewed poorly and been given like 3.5 out of 5 stars and stuff like that. I'll be honest, I can't wait to play games that are BETTER than 'Draken'.

This sure beats the heck out of my Atari from years ago.

Any other ideas guys and gals?
  • Well the obvious answer is Final Fantasy 10, but if you are new to this sort of thing you might be a bit daunted by it all. It`s a huge game with hundreds of items, skills, secrets, etc to find but it is turn based, which is a battle style that the Japanese still love but the Western World has beome a bit tired with. If you are that new you probably haven`t played a turn-based RPG. It means that you, your allies and your enemies take turns to act in a battle. As I say, not everyone`s cup-of-tea.
    Other choices include Summoner, Jade Cocoon 2 or maybe somthing like Shadow Hearts.
  • Originally posted by scottb@Aug 5 2002, 06:27 PM
    I am a brand new member to this site, so I hope I am not asking a question that has been asked over and over and over.

I am also brand new to the PS2. My girlfriend and I have been separately playing the only game we have 'Draken', and we both are completely engulfed in this game.

Question is: we are both very close to finishing it (we think!) and are wondering what other games out there are very similar to this one. I think we would both prefer fantasy/strategy games. I have done some checking on this website for reviews of games and what-not, but I want to hear from all of you.

Based on our liking of "Draken", what are some other games we should give a try?

Thanks for your help!

Scottb

It`s come to mind that you might want to look at Warriors of Might and Magic. It is similar in some ways but inferior to Drakan. (You don`t get to fly a dragon with the freedom to move about for a start). It doesn`t look anywhere as good but as it is a fairly old game you could probably get it pretty cheaply. It won`t impress you as much as Drakan, but you might like it. Also, don`t buy HEROES of Might and Magic by mistake, as it is a totally different type of game and is not that good at all.

You might also want to keep a look out for the various Lord of the Rings games that will be released round about the same time as the 2nd film.