Lego Star Wars and Initial D Extreme Stage online problem
  • Hello,
    I am currently connecting my ps3 directly to a motorola SB4200 cable modem.
    I can connect online with no problems and am able to browse the playstation network and download games fine. However when i try to search for games in Lego Star Wars the list populates with a bunch of games that are available. After about 2-3 seconds the list starts to shrink and then eventually dissapear.

I have a similar problem in Initial D. I am connecting online and can join a game. However when the game starts after a few seconds the game will drop out and look as though the other player has disconnected from the game.

Im just wondering are there any settings that I need to do in order to play online?

Thank You
  • The problem may be that the required ports the PS3 needs on your router are closed. The ports that need to be open are:

* TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    * UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, 10070, and 50100

Here's where you can find a guide on how to carry out the port forwarding; Port Forward.com

Good luck...:)
  • Hello,
    I have already tried forwarding those ports on the router and have also tried putting my ip into the dmz as well. I have also tried typing in the ip address manually.
    I have tried connecting both wired and wirelessly and getting the same problems.
  • It's best to put in all info manually- this includes the DNS servers and router IP (if using a router).

Have you tried power cycling the router/ modem after doing all your settings?
  • Thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried putting in all the info manually as well including the dns servers and ip address.
    Also i have power cycled the modem many times.

[edit]
    Media Sharing is also turned off
  • Well, you've done everything that can be done- you may have to check with Motorola or your ISP.It is possible your provider may have things set up in a way that is interfering with the PS3 (blocking additional connections or something to that effect).