Big Problem - Need Help Urgently
  • Guys,

I have bought Tiger Woods 2009 on my PS3 and when I try and play online gaming, it doesn't allow me to play anyone else.

When I choose the online gaming option in TW09, it will let me choose the tag to "play now" and let me search a game and play someone else but when I choose to connect via going to the lobby and searching games, it will not allow me to connect.

I have disabled my firewall AND I can play Bejing online so know there is nothing wrong with my internet.

The only thing I can think that is wrong is that when I have been playing two games online, I have quit both games which leaves me with a bad score on the game. Does quitting game result in a ban?
  • The problem may be that the required ports the PS3 needs on your router are closed. The ports that need to be open are:

* TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    * UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, 10070, and 50100

Here's where you can find a guide on how to carry out the port forwarding; Port

Good luck...:)
  • Quitting the game won't result in bannings of any sort (but it would be an idea, IMO- get tired of people quitting mid round just because they are behind a few points) but you may want to check your port settings as Rob suggests. There may be some extra ports needed by the EA games that you don't have open.