Top Spin 3 Online issue
  • When I play online and I'm in the World Tour section, before the match has begun and I'm at the part where my player's face is on screen and it shows the player that I'm about to face what is happening is I get the message 'you were disconnected from the other player' even though I haven't done anything. It then goes down as a loss for my player! Help! It doesn't happen all the time but it is happening a lot. I'm also getting an error message appear with a few numbers.
    Can anyone help as it's really affecting my ranking! I've checked my broadband and my connection is fine, my wii works perfectly online and my pc works perfect as well. It's only on Top Spin 3 on the ps3 that I'm having this issue.
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    Cheers guys
    Jimmy
  • The problem may be that the required ports the PS3 needs on your router are closed. The ports that need to be open are:

* TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    * UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, 10070, and 50100

Here's where you can find a guide on how to carry out the port forwarding; Port Forward.com
  • Hi....sorry, that didn't mean much to me! Does that mean I need to go to my sky router or to the online section on my ps3? Sorry, I'm good at gaming but not brilliant at the behind the scenes stuff!
    Thanks
    Jimmy
  • That is in the router itself, Jimmy. That page he linked to will give the step-by-step on entering the port numbers he listed 9complete with pictures). B)
  • Cheers mate, thanks a million.

(Fab site you have by the way!)