>i Need Help Finding My Router
  • This Isnt A New Question..its Why I Signed Up..i Couldnt Find Any Ansewrs But Here..n E Ways I Cant Find My Router To Change My Ip Address..i Found Out By Reading That I Need To >add< An Ip Address To Connect My Ps3 To The Internet..but I Cant Find My ****** Router..my Router Says (motorola) On The Side & I Still Cant Find It..my Bad If This Is Too Long..but The Question Is How The **** Do I Find My Router.....to Connect My Playstation And Kick Some Ass...
  • Those instructions do apply if you actually do have a router, Stranger- thing is, you may not even have one to begin with or maybe your Motorola box is a modem/ router combo. If you could tell me the model number on it i could say for sure.

BTW, I did a slight edit for language- we do have some young eyes around the site, ya know. ;)
  • HEY MAN SORRY ABOUT THE LANGUGE BUT I WASNT THAT SOBER LAST NIGHT..N E WAYS I COULDNT FIND ANYTHING THAT SAYED MODEL # ON IT SO I WROTE EM ALL DOWN INSTEAD..P/N:469777-02...CUSTOMER S/N:02TWXK4RM2M2...HFC MAC ID:00204055206E...THERE WAS A 4TH SET OF #'s THAT SAYED GI S/N: AND IT WAS LIKE 20 DIDGETS...SO I HOPE THIS WHAT YOU NEED..AND THANKS FOR THE HELP..:)
  • Unfortunately there isn't anything there that may aid in a search. It should be a somewhat simple, short number and most likely just right on the front.

Anyhoo, if you just have just the one box there connecting the computer and PS3 then you most likely do not have a router at all.

Btw, mind taking off the caps lock? Not going blind just yet. ;)
  • Sorry i took so long to reply but It says SURFboard SB4100 cable modem..and i dont know if this will help 2 but when i check my ip address it says (for private networks only) under the ip..My bad about the caps..N e ways thanx for the help..:)
  • Ok, it's as I suspected- you are connecting directly to the modem, there is no router in place.

If you have been switching the ethernet cable between the computer and the PS3 it is best to power down the modem first before making the switch- this will free up the IP address the modem is working with at the time.
  • Hey man,thanks alot for figuring out what my problem was. im online right now..thnx for the patience too..n e ways Have a good day everyday..later.:cool: