Playstation Internet Connection Problem
  • Hello, I've been trying to get on the Playstation 3 Store but I am having issues connecting to my apartments internet.

Here is what im working with:

My apartment's internet requires a Username and Password to access the internet. All i have to do for my MacBook Pro, is plug in the cable, open up a browser and it asks for Username and Password to connect.
    Once i enter the information in my Mac, everything is set and i don't have to worry about it again.

I have been trying to setup my PS3 now for a few hours with no luck. I don't understand what the issue is.

At first i did Automatic IP detection. When i tested the connection at the end, it was able to get an IP, but the internet connection part Failed.

Next, I tried PPPoE, where i can put my username and password in. But, when i test the connection it is not even able to get an IP address and times out.

At this point i pretty much just started trying everything. I turned on my mac and got the IP and Gateway address, put that in with no luck, using my Macs IP address and also trying to give it a new address (example - changing the last number to .150 instead of my Macs .111).
    Obviously it won't work because I will need a Username and Password.. but i figured what the heck :/

I'm looking for some professional help to hopefully get this issue resolved. If you have any free time, or maybe have seen this problem before and can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• Your easiest solution would be to use a router- it would handle the log in and be the gateway through to the internet for both your computer and the PS3.
  • Thanks for the advice, ill buy a router tomorrow and give it a try:cool: