• Hi,

I've been trying to log into psn but with no success, I keep getting the same message, An error has occurred. You have been signed out of Playstation network.8001050f. I've called Sony but they don't seem like they really know what's happening either... What I have: Linksys router, motorola dsl modem, ISP SBC. What I've done so far: opened all router ports, hard wired playstation to modem, called Sony. Nothing seems to really be working, my internet works perfect even on my playstation (I'm on it now) I downloaded life with playstation and it works perfect as well, my playstation is version 2.42, I tried to solve the problem by updating to 2.43, but it never finished... I need help with this it seems like I'm the only person that's having this exact problem.

"Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
  • One suggestion I've found when searching for that error message is to change your primary DNS to 4.2.2.1 and the secondary to 4.2.2.3. You probably would want to make that change in the router settings as well so that things will match up.
  • hey i have been having the same problem as you and its really killing me. I tried absolutely everything ive been hearing to try and fix the problem with no help whatsoever. If you fixed your problem or know of any solutions it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Only other things I can think of to try would be possibly seeing if there is a newer firmware available for your router and install that if there is. You would be able to find it at your router manufacturer's site.
  • Did the problem with the ERROR 8001050F ever get solved as i am having the same problem.
  • i have the exact same prob.
    ive tried everything as well and have no idea wat 2 do
  • muleyslayer said:
    Did the problem with the ERROR 8001050F ever get solved as i am having the same problem.

the ps people said that its a console defect.
    u can't fix the problem, u have 2 get it sent away and they send u a replacement console, but u have 2 call them about it 1st.
    make sure u back up everything 1st though, otherwise u'll loose everything!
    thats the only thing you can do about it
  • please give me advice to fix error 8001050f , thanks
  • My friend just waited a day and it worked out for him. I got the error today :o i will update u tommorow if i remember! :cool:
  • Source Information: PlayStation.Blog : The official PlayStation blog for all of your PLAYSTATION 3, PlayStation 2 and PSP news.

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
    When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following
    message appears on the screen;
  • i know waths the problem is just the connection that have fucked up. im realy psst off ! but dont worry guys its will be reatablish tommorow the 2/march/2010. i have a call sony and they say me that.ur not the only it an international problem it meens that all over the world the network is fucked up!