Metal Gear Online
  • Hey everyone.

I am very new to this forum. I was looking on Google and this came across. So I thought I would join it.

I have a slight problem with Metal Gear Online. I think it is my Internet connection. I am using wireless router that gives a signal that is 400ft away. I am not sure on the total distance between my wireless router and the PS3. They are both on opposite ends of the house. With my laptop I get 3 out of 5 bars of signal in my room. With the PS3 I am not sure. I can play Metal Gear Online. Sometimes when I do I get "Connection Not Stable" or "Disconnected from Host" or even "Disconnected from Server" then that takes me back to the Metal Gear Online title screen. Then I have to log in all over again. So is there a way I can fix this. As I said it is most likely my Internet Connection.

Any answers please take the time to post them here, thank you. Have a great day/evening/night. :)
  • The problem would definitely be not getting a strong enough signal from the router- the PS3's wi fi card isn't quite as strong as those found with laptops.

Your best option would be to get a "range extender" configured and placed in the house somewhere between the PS3 and the router. It will act as a relay to freshen the signal. For best results use one that is the same brand as your router.
  • Alright. Well, how much would a Belkin Ranger Extender be. I went cheap on the wireless router, thinking I would only use my laptop then I found out my PS3 has wireless.
  • Belkin has one available directly from them for $69.99. You may find it a bit cheaper going to a retail location like Best Buy.
  • Alright, thank you Lyndon. Please add my MSN or at least get on it sometime. ;)