• The last time I visited the local game shop, the manager was telling me that I can improve my PS2 gaming picture by shelling out for some high-priced cables. Is he as full of s--t as I think he is, or is he steering me right?
  • It's possible you would see a bit of improvement but I can't see it being that great unless you're currently using an RFU adaptor to connect to the tv through the antennae jack.Most likely he's just trying to make a sale.
  • No, you only make about a dollar on a PS2 accessory. Depending on the size of your tv determines if you would see a difference or not. If you have a tv over 30" then using S-Video or Component Cable will give you the best picture available with component being the best. You could always get monster cable which you would only want the S-Video from them because that's almost as good as the component from Sony while the component from Monster Cable has a worse picture quality. So that's how you determine if it'd actually be worth you buying or not. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Yeah, Madhtr, that's what he was telling me. So he's on the level. Hmmm, that's food for thought, innit?