PES 2009 network problems!!
  • hi,
    Im having trouble with PES 2009 for PS3 . LONG STORY! I brought the game in the uk, but I live in the netherlands.
    I played the game in the uk online with no problems at a friends house I was visiting, I registerd the konami ID ect all was fine.
    However, when i came back home to the netherland PES 2009 would not let me go online:(
    The game comes up with the message:

Unable to transmit using UDP port 3658.
    You may need to connect directly to the internet or adjust your connection device, i.e. router settings ect.
    Assign DMZ, port mapping, configure NAT table and other router settings to the Playstation 3 system.
    Individual products may use unique terminology.

Im using a wired connection here, and I have also tried turning the modem on and off.

My modem is a Siemens and my phone line is with KPN.

The strange thing is that all of my other online games are working fine with good signal strength.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Bezza1984
  • When you say it's a wired connection, do you mean you are connected directly to the modem or do you have a router in place to share the connection with other devices?
  • I am connected directly to the modem, although my PC is running from the same modem on a wireless connection... sorry Im not very good with all of these IP addresses and things!!
    I dont think that this affects my online games as my other games work fine whether the PC is also running or not!
  • I too have this problem with PES 2009 only. I can play other games online but whenever I try to get online with PES 2009 it says ' Unable to transmit using port 3658. You may need to connect directly to the internet or adjust your connection device i.e. router settings etc. '

Can anyone advise?

• You will need to go into your router's settings and open that specific port in the port forwarding section. The site I link to in the pinned thread at the top of the section will guide you.
  • sorry whih link is that? Also how come all my games are fine online other than pes 09?

Thanks for the speedy reply by the way :)
  • I'm talking about the sticky entitled "getting your PS3 online- some tips" stuck to the top of this section. There is a link in that post to a site called Port Forward- they list how to do the port forwarding for just about every router on the market.

Your other games are working fine because they don't need that special port.
  • uptonic said:
    I too have this problem with PES 2009 only. I can play other games online but whenever I try to get online with PES 2009 it says ' Unable to transmit using port 3658. You may need to connect directly to the internet or adjust your connection device i.e. router settings etc. '

Can anyone advise?

plzzzzzzzzzzz my dear friend,i have also the same problem and i hope if you can plz help me,,i allready open seimens site but they asked me there about the port of the the game i should know,,plz send it to me or whatever u can help me on this issue,,
    thank u,
  • plzzzzzzzzzzz my dear friend,i have also the same problem and i hope if you can plz help me,,i allready open seimens site but they asked me there about the port of the the game i should know,,plz send it to me or whatever u can help me on this issue,,
    thank u,
  • [QUOTE=uptonic;67912]I too have this problem with PES 2009 only. I can play other games online but whenever I try to get online with PES 2009 it says ' Unable to transmit using port 3658. You may need to connect directly to the internet or adjust your connection device i.e. router settings etc. '

Can anyone advise?

plaaa i have the same problem,if u can advaise me plzzz
    thanks,
  • You have your answer right there- open UDP port 3658 and you should be good to go.
  • Its Ok Ignore All The Other Advice You Get As Its Not As Detailed As You Might Think. Simply Go To The Settings Option On Your Pes 09 Main Menu And Select Update/download Or Something Like That, Basically Its To Update The Game. Then Make Sure Your System Update Is Up To Date On Your Main Ps3 Menu. Then All Should Be Good. Please Let Me Know How You Get On:d
  • Hi to all, thanks for the advice but i still could,t get it to work!!!,,, i tryed this on the off chance and it worked!!! ...........system settings on the game, port settings, then press the auto select setting ON (rather than having the udp port number in the box) hope that helps!:cool: